This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OCPN Compass?
Can someone for the love of god please tell me how TF I add a I2C compass in OCPN.

How do I get course and heading info? I have a GPS with I2C compass built in?

THANKS9
(2022-01-24, 10:38 AM)deanfourie Wrote: Can someone for the love of god please tell me how TF I add a I2C compass in OCPN.

How do I get course and heading info? I have a GPS with I2C compass built in?

THANKS9

Impossible to say anything without knowing what the compass sensor is.....
True true, it's a MPU 92/65 or GY-511

I also have a GPS receiver with I2C sensor built in,not sure what it is though.

Cheers
(2022-01-24, 12:27 PM)deanfourie Wrote: True true, it's a MPU 92/65 or GY-511

I also have a GPS receiver with I2C sensor built in,not sure what it is though.

Cheers

the I2C sensor is configured in Pypilot.  below is a decsription that applies to the board I have, and will probably work for you:

IMU board
The IMU Board we have is the BerryIMU (https://ozzmaker.com/product/berryimu-ac...de-sensor/).  the device can either be mounted directly or remotely.  if directly, it does cover some of the other pins and not allow access to other 3.3v pins.  we started off direct mounted and have moved to remote.

The Board includes an pitch and roll as well as a compass, pressure and temperature sensor

Configuration Pypilot
Go to >Openplotter>Pypilot

For now, set the top pull down, to only compass and then "Add connection" to Signal K in the connection tab:

Press the Calibration button and then follow the instructions below:
https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/2....ation.html