This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deal with stale paths/data
Sorry if the answer to this is so obvious that I can't see it! I have trawled the forum looking for answers.

My setup: Signal K server on RPi4, with N2K input/output (Raymarine instruments and MFD) and NMEA0183 input/output (AIS/GPS and OpenCPN)

All is working just great, however:
If I set a "GoTo WPt" with either OpenCPN or Raymarine MFD, the Signal K paths created (courseRhumbLine or courseGreatCircle) become stale once the waypoint is reached. I can see this from the timestamps in the Signal K data browser (the path data is no longer being updated of course).
Ideally I would like these paths to disappear from the data browser, so that they do not continue to be picked up by the dashboards which then continue to display stale data (I accept that the dashboards themselves eg KIP could possibly help out here by looking at the aging timestamps).

Is there a way of clearing dead paths from the server, perhaps based on the timestamp being older than some value? A Plugin? Something else really obvious?

Thanks, and I love Openplotter!
There is nothing built in to deal with data that just stops updating. There probably should be.

Meanwhile one way forward is a node-RED flow that outputs a null value if there is no real value for a certain period of time. Google should be able to find references to similar logic.
(2023-01-29, 10:34 PM)tkurki Wrote: There is nothing built in to deal with data that just stops updating. There probably should be.

Meanwhile one way forward is a node-RED flow that outputs a null value if there is no real value for a certain period of time. Google should be able to find references to similar logic.

Many thanks for the quick response. A Node-RED flow had occurred to me but I was wondering if there was an obvious solution "off the shelf".

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and start reading up on Node-RED! How hard can it be for an old software engineer?

Thanks again.