This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine Autopilot...
I had had it working, but set it aside for a while. I just updated SignalK to 1.41 and went to set up my AP connections and I cannot make OpenCPN send AP info through SignalK.

I my memory serves me, I have OpenCPN connected to Openplotter through 10110 and it is bidirectional sending and filtering only RMB, RMC, APB, and XTE. This is verified in the NMEA console. In SK connections created and "OpenCPN" connection and set it to TCP Server, setting the event sentence to "seatalkOut". I have the autopilot plugin installed.

I can see the data in the log and SK is receiving, but the autopilot is giving me a "No Data" error, so obviously the data is not getting through. I thought I had this solved, but perhaps I didn't? Or the update made the plugin incompatible? Or I just don't know what I'm doing. Any one else have this working?

Currently running SK 1.41 on a 8GB RPi4 with Pican-M hat and a Raymarine EV-400 autopilot. Later I'll try going back to SK 1.40 from a back up and see if I can get it going again...

Thanks for any input.

Steve
Hi did you resolve this as I have much the same problem. I can see the APB,RMB data on the SK log and it even says writing to serial, but the autopilot only sees a number for the waypoint which increases by 2 every second with the inputs.
I had this working last year but the laptop with Opencpn died and I am starting from scratch again
Richard
I did, yes, and it was almost embarrassingly simple.

Obviously I created the OpenCPN UDP connection in SK. I also had the Autopilot Control plugin installed in SK. That had it's output port set to "seatalkOut."

In the OpenCPN connection, I set input event to "seatalkOut" and viola! Data gets sent straight to the autopilot. That's the part I was missing. Keeps it super easy, rather than trying to create a separate connection/routing in NMEA0183 to NMEA0183 plugin, as OpenCPN only sends the necessary data to begin with.

However, I wasn't seeing all the data I wanted, such as TTG & VMG in my WilhelmSK app for navigating. Inside Derived Data, I turned on a bunch of other sentences that helped solve that problem for display, without mucking up my autopilot output.
Ok, I understand that. My setup did have an extra layer of complexity that stops me doing that. I am using a Windows laptop running Opencpn and it has the GPS/ais input via serial. It also gets instrument data from Rpi4 running openplotter via UDP, which send autopilot APB and RMB back to SygK. 
I can see the data in the log but the autopilot isn't getting it. I shall have to post some screenshots I think
Thanks anyway
Richard
(2022-04-28, 06:13 PM)Ratsea Wrote: Ok, I understand that. My setup did have an extra layer of complexity that stops me doing that. I am using a Windows laptop running Opencpn and it has the GPS/ais input via serial. It also gets instrument data from Rpi4 running openplotter via UDP, which send autopilot APB and RMB back to SygK. 
I can see the data in the log but the autopilot isn't getting it. I shall have to post some screenshots I think
Thanks anyway
Richard

Do you have the Autopilot Control plugin installed and does it work on it's own? 

If that interface works with your autopilot, then it might be as simple as creating NMEA0183 to NMEA0183 plugin connection to open a new channel to send the data to seatalkOut. If the plugin doesn't work, then it's probably a different connection issue outside of SK.
Hi Richard, I have been having another go and following your instructions with the SK autopilot plug in. 
I wasn't sure whether the data output was NMEA though or is it seatalk which then need connecting to the seatalk1 bus? I am using a RS485 USB adapter with A and B terminals.
Richard
I have made some progress by starting again, and have now got the autopilot display showing DTW and bearing data, but if you move the route waypoint on to the next one, you get a number for the waypoint number and it increments by 2 every second and no data. I have had this before. Restarting SK and clearing the route clears it. 
Richard
(2022-05-02, 05:25 PM)Ratsea Wrote: I have made some progress by starting again, and have now got the autopilot display showing DTW and bearing data, but if you move the route waypoint on to the next one, you get a number for the waypoint number and it increments by 2 every second and no data. I have had this before. Restarting SK and clearing the route clears it. 
Richard

Interesting. 

I used to have a similar issue regarding moving the waypoint where it would cause the autopilot to choke. It had always worked with my old Yacht Devices YDWG-02 as the connection. 

I cannot say what changed in SignalK to fix that. Seems to me that a straight NMEA0183 connection would be less prone to errors. Mine has to go through the SK-to-NMEA2000 converter, as my AP is n2k (seatalkng, actually, but same thing), but it works well. Only thing I can think of I may have changed was the Derived Data route settings I added into the SK mix. I'll have to check later when I get home to see which ones those were. Did you upgrade to OpenCPN 5.6.2 and SK 1.42?
Yes, I am on the latest of both OpenCpn 5.6.2 and SK 1.42
Thanks
Richard
No matter what I try, it just doesn't work! 
I can't use the autopilot plug in as it's only Seatalk1 so I am using the nmea0183: input. It worked fine last year and I am now using the settings from then. The laptop running Opencpn failed so I am now using a Windows 11 Dell Inspiron.
It doesn't even work connecting the autopilot to the Dell so with no openplotter. 
Using the pi, I can get a waypoint number that increases every second by 2. Eg 8815 8817 etc, and it restarts at 8899 to 8801.
The debug log says it is sending data for APB and RMB.
Not sure what to change. I am wondering if the raymarine autopilot has a fault.