This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waveshare BME280 I2C send no data
Hello Members,
I have an issue with Waveshare BME280 sensor. My openplotter is up to date with latest available software installed.
It is well detected by the openplotter I2C and I'm able to get data from it using a python script running on my RPi4.
But, regarding SignalK, there is no communication and data.
Do you have any advice for me?
Regards,
Fred90,
I believe the problem is with the openplotter I2C app that reads the BME280 sensor and sends the data to signalK.  The Adafruit Library for this sensor was updated last year and the I2C app has not been updated.   Take a look at my post linked below.  I think it will fix your problem.

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....1#pid20441

You might make a backup of the file before editing as suggested in a follow on post.
Good Luck,
Jay
(2022-01-28, 10:38 AM)Jay_cd33 Wrote: Fred90,
I believe the problem is with the openplotter I2C app that reads the BME280 sensor and sends the data to signalK.  The Adafruit Library for this sensor was updated last year and the I2C app has not been updated.   Take a look at my post linked below.  I think it will fix your problem.

You might make a backup of the file before editing as suggested in a follow on post.
Good Luck,
Jay

Hi Jay,
Thanks for your answer. I saw your post before to post this question. I tried but it did not solve my issue.
Just adding two tabs :from adafruit_bme280 [tab][tab]import basic as adafruit_bme280
was generating a syntax error when runing the script openplotterI2cRead.py
So I put a newline between the two import, no syntax error anymore.
But no I2C data too Big Grin
But as you say, maybe installing an older version of adafruit lib may solve the issue...

Regards,
(2022-01-28, 11:10 AM)Fred90 Wrote:

Good Luck,
Jay

Hi Jay,
Thanks for your answer. I saw your post before to post this question. I tried but it did not solve my issue.
Just adding two tabs :from adafruit_bme280 [tab][tab]import basic as adafruit_bme280
But as you say, maybe installing an older version of adafruit lib may solve the issue...

Regards,

Fred90,
Just to make sure you have the syntax correct...

The new line should be:

[tab][tab]from adafruit_bme280 import basic as adafruit_bme280

Just a single [space] between "adafruit_bme280" and "import".

Jay
(2022-01-28, 11:50 AM)Jay_cd33 Wrote:
(2022-01-28, 11:10 AM)Fred90 Wrote:

Good Luck,
Jay

Hi Jay,

Regards,

Fred90,
Just to make sure you have the syntax correct...

The new line should be:

[tab][tab]from adafruit_bme280 import basic as adafruit_bme280

Just a single [space] between "adafruit_bme280" and "import".

Jay

Great, it was late yesterday and I did a mistake. Your fix is working.
Thanks a lot for your time!