This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hydraulic pump - convertible top- replacement for linear actuator
(2022-02-14, 10:26 AM)drbarritt Wrote: Hi Pieter, I have used one of the pumps from Cactus and it works very well on my yacht. I am using a 10Amp H bnridge PWM controller for it.  I had to do a few mods to the Arduino code to drive this.  The pump drives a double acting ram that is directly linked to my transom hung rudder.  I have a bypass valve across the ram to allow normal tiller steering.  This has a switch to detect when it is open that is connected to the Pi and disengages Pypiloy automatically.  I also fitted a linear pot in parralel with the ram to give rudder position feedback to the Arduino.
Regards
David

Good afternoon!
What is a " pumps from Cactus "?
Please give me a link.
With respect.