This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
basic question: how to install?
I would like to use pypilot in "IMU Only" mode to get heading data into SK.
I started playing with pypilot installed from github on my headless SK RPI, but couldn't figure out how to configure a specific magnetometer...pypilot_boatimu seemed to recognize my I2C module but was continuously searching for an SPI device (which I don't have). So first question: is there any documentation about how to configure pypilot (*without* OpenCPN)? I was only able to find basic info in the github repo.

Next I downloaded a Pi image for OpenCPN, and that documentation is ambiguous. It says, "to run this app type this in a terminal: openplotter-pypilot"
That didn't work for me and there is no openplotter-pypilot in /usr/bin or anywhere else on my system.
Next I installed the OpenCPN plugin for pypilot. This got me one configuration screen that lets me change host, buttons, etc but nothing like the settings window from the OpenCPN documentation.

So, how do I get pypilot?

Thanks.
William
(2024-03-17, 08:06 PM)barnaclebill22 Wrote: I would like to use pypilot in "IMU Only" mode to get heading data into SK.
I started playing with pypilot installed from github on my headless SK RPI, but couldn't figure out how to configure a specific magnetometer...pypilot_boatimu seemed to recognize my I2C module but was continuously searching for an SPI device (which I don't have). So first question: is there any documentation about how to configure pypilot (*without* OpenCPN)? I was only able to find basic info in the github repo.

Next I downloaded a Pi image for OpenCPN, and that documentation is ambiguous. It says, "to run this app type this in a terminal: openplotter-pypilot"
That didn't work for me and there is no openplotter-pypilot in /usr/bin or anywhere else on my system.
Next I installed the OpenCPN plugin for pypilot. This got me one configuration screen that lets me change host, buttons, etc but nothing like the settings window from the OpenCPN documentation.

So, how do I get pypilot?

Thanks.
William

This covers pretty much everything  Cool

https://github.com/pypilot/workbook/wiki