This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP0.9 Update instructions please
Sailoog, 
would it possible to post some simple instructions to enable us to update our OP 0.9. 
I'm am a Raspbian/Linux novice and dont know my GIT pushes from my GIT pulls but I would like to keep up to date with the project rather than wait for a major release. 
With Openplotter being discussed on both Openmarine and Cruisers forums its difficult to keep track so perhaps a sticky thread (on here) with basic updating notes ?

Also, an update on 0.9 progress would be appreciated. 
Do you think 0.9 will be stable and usable this sailing season ?

Finally another vote of thanks for all your efforts (and for those of the wider OP developer team)

Steve
(2017-03-27, 11:11 AM)affinite Wrote: Sailoog, 
would it possible to post some simple instructions to enable us to update our OP 0.9. 
I'm am a Raspbian/Linux novice and dont know my GIT pushes from my GIT pulls but I would like to keep up to date with the project rather than wait for a major release. 
With Openplotter being discussed on both Openmarine and Cruisers forums its difficult to keep track so perhaps a sticky thread (on here) with basic updating notes ?

Also, an update on 0.9 progress would be appreciated. 
Do you think 0.9 will be stable and usable this sailing season ?

Finally another vote of thanks for all your efforts (and for those of the wider OP developer team)

Steve
You should have a script to update V0.9 - have a look in the file manager (might need to turn on "view hidden files") -> home/pi/.config/openplotter/update

If it's there then open a terminal (in accessories menu) 
type in (or cut and paste) ->  cd ~/.config/openplotter/update
( ls shows what's in there) 
Then -> bash update_OP.sh 

[Image: TX61PLU.png]

[Image: JRqCdVc.png]
Looks like its missing on my install...

Have the noobs install from the webpage..

[Image: openplotter.jpg]
(2017-03-28, 01:56 PM)dreuf Wrote: Looks like its missing on my install...

Have the noobs install from the webpage..

[Image: openplotter.jpg]

You can get it by putting this into a terminal -
 sudo wget https://raw.githubuserco                                         ntent.com/sailoog/openplotter/beta/update/update_OpenPlotter.sh

Then 
bash update_OpenPlotter.sh

Might be worth backing up the sd card first though, just in case....
Ooops, ignore that last post, I just messed my OP by running some of those scripts - new release soon so might be worth hanging on for that,,  http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...45#pid1345
too late.. (but my OP is still running) Wink
Paddy - Thanks for trying to help ... Glad I was too busy to follow up on the update instructions ...
Will wait for next release Smile
I had one small problem with updating that caused all kinds of weirdness the home/pi/.config/autostart file still referenced startup.py by changing this to startup everything worked
I too have messy installations with updates, when you think of going out with the new image?
error updating:

UPDATING NODEJS AND NODE-RED...

openplotter_tmp/update/update_dependencies.sh: riga 43: update-nodejs-and-nodered: comando non trovato