This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Signal K connection at boot up on PI
Noob here.  am setting up Rpi 4 with piCan NMEA top hat for first time.  running Pi@openplotter OS so signal K should have been installed properly. ran the Signal K installer to get latest updates.  rebooted.  still getting error message at startup.    "checking CAN devices...    there is no signal K connection for interface: can0

I also tried installing the CAN utilities per instruction manual to my piCAN.

but when I run the candump I don't get any lines (ive got the autopilot connected via NMEA2000 backbone to the tophat and turned on)

im not a coder so I pretty much need to follow instructions, but the manual is pretty basic and I think the error at boot up is what is causing my issue, but I don't know how to clear it. Ive tried logging in to signal K and setting up the NMEA200 source from there, but still get same error when I run a system check.
in the Openplotter CAN App - did you press the "Add Connection" button? if not see the "Connect to SignalK" section of the link below:

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/2....n_app.html
(2022-02-07, 07:48 PM)Techstyle Wrote: in the Openplotter CAN App - did you press the "Add Connection" button?  if not see the "Connect to SignalK" section of the link below:

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/2....n_app.html

Thanks for the reply. I did get it fixed but turned out to be a raymarine backbone hardware connection issue.  Once resolved, candump worked fine and can view my autopilot data