This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help witn NMEA 0183 to Raymarine ST60plus
Hi

I have a raspberry 4 with open plotter.
Conected throught two usb converters a signal from 
Raymarine ST60plus NMEA 0183 signal in and out.

I have done setup of signlk and open Cpn

Sometimes it gets signals back and fourth but for the most no signal goes to Raymarine.

OpenCpn works fine with Ais and usbGPS

Any tips

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm not clear that your routing is correct. In OpenCPN, your UDP should be "Out" and you'll need a port in Signalk to receive any of that data. However, I'm not sure that's needed, unless you are sending back calculated data or autopilot info from OpenCPN. Also, double check to make sure your SK events are dumping data into "seatalkOut" and that is routed properly. Perhaps you can add a screen shot of your "ray" connections.

I'd expect that you'll have the NMEA0183 -> NMEA0183 plugin install and forward the sentences you want to "seatalkOut". Then in your "ray" connections, you'll send those "seatalkOut" events to those ports.
Hi

I will try these suggestion.

I have installed the pluggin yes.

I think the routing is not correct.
Never done this before.

Attached Files Image(s)

Anyone?
(2022-03-17, 05:43 PM)Thoma_s Wrote: Anyone?

forget about your OpenCPN connections for a moment.  In Signal K Data Browser - do you see anything that looks like its coming from the ST60?  like wind, depth, speed or whatever you have attached?

if it sometimes works does the data make sense?  what is the USB device you are using?
Are you sure that your st60 work with 38400? I think it should be 4800.
rayut:
Output Events : nmea0183out
Sentence Events : --
rayinn:
Output Events : --
Sentence Events : -- "you can enter here something if you want to send it to special output"

Use the signalk plugin "Forward and filter NMEA0183 input to NMEA0183 out" (Output event = nmea0183out, Input event = GPSout)
In gps set Sentence Events: GPSout
Thanks.

This worked.