This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I2C GPS?
I've read where others are placing a few I2C devices, like IMUs in a small box that they can remote to another location on their boat that is more appropriate for things like compasses and such. I just came across this I2C GPS module:

http://www.banggood.com/UBLOX-NEO-M8N-BN...mds=search

Has anyone done this? it would be nice to free up a USB port on the PI, and be able to put a GPS module in another location with other sensors.
(2017-03-30, 04:40 PM)abarrow Wrote: This is an normal serial GPS output on TX. Addon is an i2C Kompass module. GPS data goes only to TX. Better use Normal GPS-USB - you will need the other 9DOF Modules for i2c data as well, the Komass is here included. 
Okay, I see. I think I'm still going to get one, just to play around with it (only $17). I might be able to use the RPI UART as an input to KPLEX.