This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual screen or multiple systems?
I have a pair of 7 inch touchscreens - argonaut computer sunlight viewable.

I'm planning to put them into my cockpit. I'm trying to decide on if I should run a pair of PIs, a PI and a NUC for better chart rendering on the NUC system or maybe just a single system like a NUC with both displays.

I plan on a PI 4 running signal K with a PICAN-M board. 
I am also adding a chartplotter - Vulcan 12R and maybe a 3-in-1 sonar transducer.

Lots of Data Sources:
Halo 24 radar
maybe NMEA2000 from my victron install but I really don't care about that one unless I add tank sensors.
DST810 Depth Speed Temp NMEA 2k
WST310 with I presume a NMEA 2k adapter
Garmin 24xd gps
AIS MAIANA with 2k interface
NAC-3 autopilot unit
Precision 9 compass/imu
And yeah a Fusion head until with 2k, not sure if I'll leverage that yet. I'm thinking of the 2k remote controller for my cockpit.

I have a couple triton2 displays, and am adding a AP controller and just cause a ZC1 nmea 2k button interface.