This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAN BUS not launching, other apps propting to install Signal K
Hello all,
I'm running a PI4 with Pi OS 64bit and a Waveshare RS485 CAN HAT
Like the title says, CAN BUS does not launch at all, and when I try to do anything in other apps like GPIO or Serial, they show this " Please Install "Signal K Installer" OpenPlotter app " at the bottom of the window in red.
Signal KĀ installer is indeed installed and starts, however when I try to enable SSL and apply changes, it fails, saying:
FAILED: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'bool' and 'str'
I have no idea what this means or if it is at all related to the problem I have with CANBUS and Serial, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
Any help or idea would be appreciated
ps: all is latest version installed from Settings 2.9.1-stable
I assume you are using Raspberry OS bullseye and OpenPlotter 2.x.x only works for Raspberry OS buster.

You have to use buster or try OpenPlotter 3: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=3878