This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Node Red remote
Afternoon All,
First of all i must give my thanks to the Openplotter team, it is a fantastic system! Keep up the good work guys!!!

Secondly
I have been playing with Node Red and got all my Signal K data into it and working well which is great. I can view all of this data on my tablet when connected to the pi wifi ap using 10.10.10.1:1880/ui
What i would like to know is it possible (with my pi connected to the internet) to stream this node red info so that i can see it on my phone from my house? Any tips or guidance greatly appreciated.

Mike
(2017-03-31, 01:58 PM)AquaholicM31 Wrote: Afternoon All,
First of all i must give my thanks to the Openplotter team, it is a fantastic system! Keep up the good work guys!!!

Secondly
I have been playing with Node Red and got all my Signal K data into it and working well which is great. I can view all of this data on my tablet when connected to the pi wifi ap using 10.10.10.1:1880/ui
What i would like to know is it possible (with my pi connected to the internet) to stream this node red info so that i can see it on my phone from my house? Any tips or guidance greatly appreciated.

Mike
You could send it as mqtt data, then view it from anywhere. Not difficult in node red, it has an mqtt node.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
i would recommend
first password protect node-red and use ssl
it is very easy, possible too easy to send data to SK
openvpn server/client
or use ssh -X IPADDress of my OP
Firewall to protect ports