This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I use both HDMI ports?
I have had a monitor plugged into 'HDMI 0' for a year or so.  Today I tried to plug a new, second monitor to 'HDMI 1'.  The second monitor showed the "Welcome to raspberry pi desktop" splash screen but would not go beyond then and when I swapped the interfaces it followed 'HDMI 1' not the monitor.  Anybody else had similar issues?
after reading some stuff online I uncommented:

Code:
dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d

at the same time, I also uncommented:

Code:
config_hdmi_boost=X

where X is whatever the default is, what I did see is some blinking and horizontal lines on the monitor at the helm (furthest away from the Pi) - at the time I had the helm monitor on HDMI0, the helm monitor on HDMI1 and VNC to a laptop.  I didn't get time to play around with it to much but some more research leads me to believe I could play with the boost setting and also use:

Code:
dispmanx_offline=1
which would reduce the refresh rate when the GPU was congested.   

still work in progress
Hi, 

i'm using the dual hdmi ports rasp pi 4 openplotter

I do have an outside monitor, it is the planar Mariner LX1501PTI / IP65 Toch Monitor. This one is build into a panel into my ship. It has proven to be very usefull so i don't want to lose this one. It is a 15" VGA monitor, with a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768 XGA 6 bit color dept, daylight and fully dimmable and single touch. So I use an VGA to HDMI convertor to connected to the HDMI1 port
Next to this i have an inside HDMI monitor on the navigation table connected tot HDMI0

this treath:  https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=244558  helped me to get it working

Hope this helps.

G.