This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set TX PGN with CanBus app not working for 'high numbers'
I would like to set a PGN in the ' manufacturers range' on my actisense NGT-1, above 130816, but am not able to.

At the start I could not get the PGNs to pop up at all, until I figured out that I had more than 30 enabled. After resetting the device, it nicely showed the list of PGNs and I am able to set ' lower values'.

I can check the box, but it simply ' doesn't stick', after the pop up to set it, it returns and empties out the checkbox.

Tried starting openplotter-can from command prompt, but only see the signalk start/stop messages, nothing else that could help troubleshooting.

Any suggestions?
(2022-04-03, 07:21 AM)rovinggecko Wrote: I would like to set a PGN in the ' manufacturers range' on my actisense NGT-1, above 130816, but am not able to.

At the start I could not get the PGNs to pop up at all, until I figured out that I had more than 30 enabled. After resetting the device, it nicely showed the list of PGNs and I am able to set ' lower values'.

I can check the box, but it simply ' doesn't stick', after the pop up to set it, it returns and empties out the checkbox.

Tried starting openplotter-can from command prompt, but only see the signalk start/stop messages, nothing else that could help troubleshooting.

Any suggestions?

Actisense made changes in the past.

Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Changes from v2.660 to v2.670                                            --
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* NGT-1:
   - Manufacturer Proprietary PGNs (130816/0x1FF00 - 131071/0x1FFFF):
     Fixed bug that resulted in these fast-packet PGNs incorrectly being
     transferred (to PC) as single-packet PGNs.
   - Manufacturer Proprietary PGNs (65280/0xFF00 - 65535/0x0FFFF) and
     (130816/0x1FF00 - 131071/0x1FFFF): Fixed bug that would allow any PGN in
     the 256-PGN block to be transmitted if at least one PGN was enabled.
   - Improved accuracy of the reported "NMEA 2000 Tx Load" value in the System
     Status BST-BEM.

First try to update your firmware. Than use the latest actisense v2.103 NMEA reader to setup your NGT-1
Already running the latest firmware.
The actisense app does not list these pgn’s to select for TX.
(2022-04-04, 01:51 PM)e-sailing Wrote:
Code:
   - Manufacturer Proprietary PGNs (65280/0xFF00 - 65535/0x0FFFF) and
     (130816/0x1FF00 - 131071/0x1FFFF): Fixed bug that would allow any PGN in
     the 256-PGN block to be transmitted if at least one PGN was enabled

I understand that you only have to select one PGN of "the 256-PGN block" to get the write permission to the listed 130816-131071.
Have you tried sending these PGNs?
Why do you think it is an openplotter bug?