This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SignalK does not detect Openplotter devices
I take this opportunity to introduce myself, I'm Alberto, I write from Italy and I own a sailboat.

I have recently discovered the world of OpenPlotter and I found it incredibly interesting.

I'm trying to configure my RaspberryPi 4 to work with a NMEA0183 network but I'm having difficulty.

I bought a USB to Serial adapter, I connected it to the Raspberry and it is regularly seen by the Openplotter serial management, I configure it by attributing an alias and relative NMEA0183 setting and the line turns green successfully.

Then I go to configure the peripheral (data source) in Signal K, from the drop-down menu I select the serial option, and then I go to choose the peripheral, but I don't see the peripheral with its alias generated by openplotter.

I try to launch the automatic configuration from the Openplotter serial configuration interface it gives me this error: Error: No such file or directory, cannot open /dev/ttyOP_beg

I attach some screenshot.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you in advance.
Hello Alberto

I've done quite a bit of work investigating this problem, please see this https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=4675

It explains the problem and how to get round it.

The easy way to get round the problem is to select "Ricorda la porta" instead of "Ricorda il dispositivo" when setting up the device. In the thread I also explain how I think that an update to udev/libudev1 causes the problem.

Happy to help more if you need it.

Ciao

Attached Files Image(s)

If you really want to use Remember device/Ricorda il dispositivo (I think it is better) then my recommendation is to downgrade the versions of the udev and libudev1 packages from 247.3-7+deb11u2 to 247.3-7. I've tried this and it works ok.
Smile 
I did what you suggested and now it works!! thank you so much guys!  Big Grin