This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grafana - the latest update has an error
https://github.com/grafana/grafana/issues/48130

so stay with the latest, 
if too late, simply reinstall it:

sudo apt install grafana=8.4.7

and set it on hold till the error is resolved:

sudo apt-mark hold grafana

with unhold you can enable it later for the apt updating process again.

Holger
(2022-04-25, 04:41 PM)holgerw Wrote: https://github.com/grafana/grafana/issues/48130

so stay with the latest, 
if too late, simply reinstall it:

sudo apt install grafana=8.4.7

and set it on hold till the error is resolved:

sudo apt-mark hold grafana

with unhold you can enable it later for the apt updating process again.

Holger

Thanks for taking a moment to let us know  Cool
Thank very much. I was wondering why Grafana wouldn't start.
Grafana 8.5.1 is released and fixes this issue. working on openplotter-dashboards app v3 now...
Yes, it works with the nodejs 16.15 on openplotter 2.0, so:

sudo apt-mark unhold grafana

Thanks for the work on openplotter 3.0 - awaiting the release.

Holger
openplotter-dashboard 3.x.x is almost done and we have excellent news:

Now you do not need infludb or any intermediate program to get real time data into Grafana from a Signal K server. Just using a websocket plugin in Grafana and some easy settings.

Now you do not need any Signal K plugin to store real time data into InfluxDB 2 from a Signal K server. You do not need Kapacitor and Chronograph apps either. All is included in just one interface in InflusDB 2. OpenPlotter will be in charge of building the required telegraf conf files to translate and send data to InfluxDB 2. The bad news is that InfluxDB 2 is only for 64bit.
That's so cool! In my regular job i've been working with grafana-live features (both WS and MQTT) and it works great. I had to write nodered flows in order to send from SignalK inputs to WS, but will be nice to be able to avoid nodered.
A brief manual to do that: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....2#pid22712
For some reason WebSocketAPI is not installed with Grafana. Can't seem to find a way to locate it.

And to iterate: for some reason I'm running really old grafana (7.5.2) I tried to upgrade it but dashboards only allowed me to go up to 7.5.7. I tried to manually install the new package but got an error:

sudo dpkg -i grafana-rpi_9.5.3_armhf.deb
(Reading database ... 115523 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack grafana-rpi_9.5.3_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking grafana-rpi (9.5.3) ...
dpkg: error processing archive grafana-rpi_9.5.3_armhf.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite '/usr/sbin/grafana-server', which is also in package grafana 7.5.5
dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Katkennut putki)
Errors were encountered while processing:
grafana-rpi_9.5.3_armhf.deb

Any ideas how to get it up to date?
Got it working. There were some PUBKEY troubles and it refused to install at first but after manually installing the keys first it updated to latest stable build.