This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daisy hat and OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT
Hi everyone.

First thread. Bear with me. I wish to install the Daisy Hat AIS receiver on my Pi 4 and wanted to know which version to download. I have very limited skills so I was thinking of downloading the Moitessier hat version to simply everything. Is that a good idea even though I plan on using Daisy Hat? Or should I install the starting version instead. I do wish to add more options later on as my knowledge progresses. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

P.S. Would have bought the Moitessier Hat but no longer available.
The Daisy AIS hat really doesn't need anything from the RPI other than a free UART. You get that by using the instructions that come with the Daisy Hat for disabling bluetooth and activating the UART connections on your RPI.

So, you don't need the Moitessier Hat software, in fact, it's probably not a good idea to install it in your case. Just plug the Daisy on to your RPI, enable the UART using instructions, and use Openplotter-serial to assign the serial port for the Daisy hat. Baud rate will be 38400kbps, NMEA0183.

That's really all you need to do.
(2022-04-29, 04:39 PM)abarrow Wrote: The Daisy AIS hat really doesn't need anything from the RPI other than a free UART. You get that by using the instructions that come with the Daisy Hat for disabling bluetooth and activating the UART connections on your RPI.

So, you don't need the Moitessier Hat software, in fact, it's probably not a good idea to install it in your case. Just plug the Daisy on to your RPI, enable the UART using instructions, and use Openplotter-serial to assign the serial port for the Daisy hat. Baud rate will be 38400kbps, NMEA0183.

That's really all you need to do.

Thank you very much for your help! I was attracted by all the other softwares that come with the Moitessier Hat option and future use for them...