This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looking for tinypilot (computer) how to docs
Pypilot runs either in the background or at the prompt. You cannot have it both at the same time. When it runs in the background, it runs 'as a service', and to run it at the prompt, you first have to stop the service. To stop the service, under raspbian you type 'sudo systemctl stop pypilot', under tinypilot you say 'sudo sv stop pypilot'. After you have done that, you can run pypilot at the prompt, by typing 'pypilot'. Capture the output any way you can, if even by videoing it with your phone, as a last resort, but I hope you know how to make screendumps or capture text output. That output is the key to effective help on this forum. Without that, everyone here is shooting ducks in the dark.

Don't give up, hey! Pypilot is worth all this. If my boat sinks, the first thing I rescue is my pypilot. I love the thing.

Read this over and over again https://github.com/pypilot/workbook/wiki...the-prompt. Those in the know are cursed with knowledge and it's hard to write for those who aren't. But the key to classical understanding of pypilot should be in there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for tinypilot (computer) how to docs - by ironman - 2022-05-06, 08:14 PM