This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TinyPilot Questions Wifi and Language changes
I tried to simplify my setup and decided to use the tinypilot distro.  When I installed the software based on the setup instructions, I ran into a couple of problems.  The first issue that popped up was the app in the lastest version download runs in Spanish.  Can someone steer me where to change to English?  

Current setup RPI 2, PyPilot Hat, HP Controller

The second issue came about when following the pypilot workbook instructions (Step 10): 
  • Change Master(AP) to Managed(client), SSID to ‘openplotter’, and the wi-fi password of your openplotter access point, type in 10.10.10.2 for Client Mode Address, and click submit.
    When I do this I lose the Wifi (AP) connection and cannot reconnect, and openplotter (AP) is not available.  
I am sure there is probably an easy fix to both, but I am not seeing it.  Thanks, in advance for your help.
2 options:
The first is to reinstall.

The second is to take out the SD-card and put it in a Linux-pc and change the file .pypilot/networking.txt:
mode=Managed
ssid=pypilot
key=
client_ssid=
client_key=
client_address=
address=

I.e. empty all rules the start with "client_". Most Windows users doe not have the second option (since Windows does not support the EXT4 file system).
Sorry to hear, as I wrote that workbook. That step 10 assumes that you have an Openplotter installation available, and it switches the TinyPilot to become a client of that Openplotter access point. I'll change the text to make that more clear.

I keep an HDMI display and a USB keyboard available for this kind of mishaps. With that, you can edit the file as hreuver mentioned. For similar problems on the pi-zero, I keep micro-hdmi and micro-usb extension bits.

WRT the UI language, I think that reflects your browser setting, so you'd need to change your browser preferred language to get this straight. To be sure, we'd have to wait for the east coast to wake up ;-)