This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quicker way to reload config?
I got my prototype built up and running today (no motor controller yet), and am trying to dial-in the Nokia 5110 display.  (Special thanks to whoever put together `ozhelm.sch`, which info enabled my LCD to work at all).  

I am editing .../.pypilot/hat.conf but have the following issues:

* To test, I have to unplug and replug the RPi to get it to reload the hat.conf.  Is there a way I can get it to reload without powering it down and back up?  (I see numerous pypilot processes running when I ssh into the RPi, but don't want to just try killing things.
* The contrast setting in the hat.conf seems to work, but the backlight setting has no effect. I'm using GPIO18 for backlight.  Is there some other pin I should be using so that the backlight config value works?  If I move the BL lead to 3.3v, I get a bright display, so I suppose I could just hook it up to 3.3v and add a resistor or a potentiometer, but I just wonder if there's a software way to do this?
* What are the ranges of values for contrast and backlight?  0-255?  (I'm using 40-ish for contrast right now, and that seems pretty good.)

-Adrian

My rig so far:
- RPi Zero,
- Nokia 5110 LCD,
- MPU 9250. 
- 40-pin GPIO breakout kit, connected to a header soldered to the RPi0 via ribbon cable.
try

Code:
sudo sv stop pypilot_hat
sudo sv start pypilot_hat

assuming you are running the tinycore. It might also work with reload or restart, but I cannot figure out whether that's implemented and I cannot test it right now. You might have to wait a bit in between the two commands.
you cannot adjust the backlight power without an atmega (328 or 88) connected on the spi pins. I suggest just using a suitable resistor to dim it.