This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk1 success (but no AIS)
(2022-05-16, 10:31 PM)Opie91 Wrote: Hi Marty_C

Almost certain the Seatalk1 bus cannot handle AIS data. Pretty sure your AIS data is getting to the C120W another way such as NMEA 0183HS or NMEA 2000.

What AIS transponder or receiver do you have?

Thanks for the hint Opie91, 
The Ray49E VHF has NMEA In and Out + and - connections. Putting a LED across the NMEA In I can see GPS data going to the radio, now I just need to wait until some ships go past in the river to see if I get data out at the same time as AIS data on the chart plotter.

Can I just connect NMEA Out + and - to another port on the optocoupler and from there use another GPIO pin?

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
Seatalk1 success (but no AIS) - by marty_c - 2022-05-16, 05:58 PM
RE: Seatalk1 success (but no AIS) - by Opie91 - 2022-05-16, 10:31 PM
RE: Seatalk1 success (but no AIS) - by marty_c - 2022-05-17, 10:35 AM
RE: Seatalk1 success (but no AIS) - by Techstyle - 2022-05-17, 02:13 PM
RE: Seatalk1 success (but no AIS) - by marty_c - 2022-05-17, 04:13 PM