This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinypilot update
if I knew a better expected behavior I could implement it.

For example, editing pypilot.conf while pypilot is running, could trigger a reload of the file. One issue is the actual settings in ram pypilot is using only gets stored to disk (pypilot.conf) every few minute from changes. Another issue would be mangling the file in which case pypilot could reject the changes, and overwrite them with the old settings, but depending on the text editor this could be considered confusing without better warning..

So if you can describe a better behavior than it has currently it would be interesting to make, but I am afraid it could actually create new situations that are more confusing than what is possible now.

Another way to "edit" the config at runtime is with pypilot_client. For example:
pypilot_client servo.max_current=5

you could have several per line, eg:
pypilot_client ap.heading_command=180 ap.enabled=True servo.amp_hours=0

Messages In This Thread
Tinypilot update - by Erickalon - 2022-05-19, 04:31 PM
RE: Tinypilot update - by ironman - 2022-05-20, 10:21 AM
RE: Tinypilot update - by Erickalon - 2022-05-20, 10:08 PM
RE: Tinypilot update - by ironman - 2022-05-20, 11:22 PM
RE: Tinypilot update - by Erickalon - 2022-05-21, 01:56 PM
RE: Tinypilot update - by seandepagnier - 2022-05-21, 07:28 PM
RE: Tinypilot update - by Erickalon - 2022-05-22, 11:43 AM
RE: Tinypilot update - by seandepagnier - 2022-05-24, 04:15 PM