This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriell 2.2.3 New Device Problem
Hi,

i have a Openplotter installed on a Pi 4. My Problem is to add a new serial rs422 device. The "accept" button didn´t work.

I post a picture in the post below. What coul´d be my fault?

Thanks
Nils
Here is the Screenshot below:

Attached Files Image(s)

open a terminal and type this to execute the app:

Code:
openplotter-serial

Paste here any error in the terminal after trying to set your device.

EDIT: before this test go to settings - system log and click "Debugging mode".
(2022-05-23, 06:50 PM)Sailoog Wrote: open a terminal and type this to execute the app:

Code:
openplotter-serial

Paste here any error in the terminal after trying to set your device.

EDIT: before this test go to settings - system log and click "Debugging mode".

Code:
pi@openplotter:~ $ openplotter-serial
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterSerial/openplotterSerial.py", line 560, in on_update_Serialinst
   self.conf.set('UDEV', 'Serialinst', str(self.Serialinst))        
 File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterSettings/conf.py", line 72, in set
   self.write()
 File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterSettings/conf.py", line 52, in write
   with open(self.conf_file, 'w') as configfile:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf'

How I can fix this PermissionError?

Attached Files Image(s)

If you can not edit openplotter.conf file is because now the owner is the root user or it is corrupted. Try to make the user pi the owner again.
(2022-05-24, 12:53 PM)Sailoog Wrote: If you can not edit openplotter.conf file is because now the owner is the root user or it is corrupted. Try to make the user pi the owner again.

Hi Sailoog, thanks for the input. Now I know the "Debugging mode". 

I fixed it with:
Code:
sudo chown -R pi:pi /home/pi

But the Settings Tool "Check System" has now this error:
Code:
The access request must be aproved with read/write permission in Signal K administrator.

Ps: I have no new Access Requests in SignalK.
what app is asking for access to SK?

You have to approve the access request here: localhost:3000/admin/#/security/access/requests
(2022-05-26, 07:50 PM)Sailoog Wrote: what app is asking for access to SK?

You have to approve the access request here: localhost:3000/admin/#/security/access/requests

I fixed it. Thank you for your support for a newbie like me.  Smile

Greedings
Nils