This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen blanking
Over the last 3 years, with a Pi 3b, 4b, and Raspberry 7" screen, I've had a problem with the screen/Pi locking up after no keyboard input.  Only way to unlock was to pull the power, put it back in. Turning off the screenblanker did not help. nor did xscreensaver help.

This spring, I switched to a sunseeker 7" HDMI screen, and the current version of openplotter, and a pican m hat.

Regardless of screenblanker off in Pi preferences, the screen would stay on, but after a day, only the mouse pointer would move. Occasionally, clicking the Space bar would restart it, But the word sluggish response is was hardly fitting. Again, the only way to restart was removing the power cable.

I installed xscreensaver, and its working now. Been away from the boat 2-3 days at a time several times, and the screensaver is working properly.  No idea why, perhaps an issue with the Raspberry display, but I'll take it.
Fingers crossed.
Did you ever get this figured out?