This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[SOLVED] Air Pressure in hPa - unit needs to be multiplied x1000
In the Inspector and the email report the hPa data needs to be multiplied with 1000.

e.g.

Air Pressure: 0.9155 hPa
Air Temperature: 20.9 C
Air Relative Humidity: 41.9 %

In the NMEA sentence it is 0,9157 hPa, also.

In the weather data it is correct.

best regards,
Martin
Your barometer hasn't been well detected, sometimes happens. Reset clicking the button in I2C tab.
(2016-04-17, 05:54 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Your barometer hasn't been well detected, sometimes happens. Reset clicking the button in I2C tab.

I tried several times to reset - no success.

In NMEA sentence and Inspector it is 0,9123 hPa. In the Barograph it shows correctly 912 hPa.

If it is a sensor recognition fault, why is it correct in the Barograph?
OOps you are right let me see...
I found the error and fixed it. It will be added on v0.8.0 stable.
Thanks!
(2016-04-18, 10:50 AM)Sailoog Wrote: I found the error and fixed it. It will be added on v0.8.0 stable.
Thanks!

Perfect!
(2016-04-18, 12:39 PM)Alpenskipper Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 10:50 AM)Sailoog Wrote: I found the error and fixed it. It will be added on v0.8.0 stable.
Thanks!

Perfect!

Hi,

Thanks for all the hard work putting Openplotter together, it's very impressive.

I'm not sure pressure units are quite right yet, before I hacked i2c.py I was getting something like this from a pressure sensor:

$OSXDR,P,1021,B,I2CP,C,28.5,C,I2CT*45  (Checksum will be wrong as I've edited it to illustrate the point)

If my understanding is right this means a pressure of 1021 with the units being Bar (B). 1021 Bar is an extremely high pressure indeed, it would probably kill us all!
I tested this with the next version (4.5) of OpenCpn and it would not read it until I changed it to this:

$OSXDR,P,1.02132,B,I2CP,C,28.5,C,I2CT*45

I note from the trail above that you have already changed this for version 0.8, however I think the units need to be mB (or preferably hPa nowadays) or the number needs to be put back to divide by 1000 again. Changing it to the form above would be better for future operation with OpenCpn I guess.

Cheers,

Aedan