This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Programming Arduino for rf support
L.s.

I'm trying to upload the hat.ino to an arduino pro mini to have rf capabilities to my pipylot. And have some issues on that.
I've placed the RCSwitch and the 3 IRlib libraries in the library folder. And pressed compile in the Arduino IDE.

And voila, the arduino ide doesn't compile. The error messages that I have are attached below..

Could someone point me in the right direction?
Code:
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\hat\hat.ino:303:39: warning: missing initializer for member 'codes_type::ltime' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
static struct codes_type codes[4] = {0};
                                      ^
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\hat\hat.ino:303:39: warning: missing initializer for member 'codes_type::repeat_count' [-Wmissing-field-initializers]
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\libraries\IRLib2\IRLibDecodeBase.cpp: In member function 'void IRdecodeBase::dumpResults(bool)':
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\libraries\IRLib2\IRLibDecodeBase.cpp:56:8: warning: this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]
       if(interval>0)LowSpace=min(LowSpace, interval);  HiSpace=max (HiSpace, interval);
       ^~
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\libraries\IRLib2\IRLibDecodeBase.cpp:56:57: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the 'if'
       if(interval>0)LowSpace=min(LowSpace, interval);  HiSpace=max (HiSpace, interval);
                                                        ^~~~~~~
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\libraries\IRLib2\IRLibDecodeBase.cpp: In member function 'bool IRdecodeBase::MATCH(int16_t, int16_t)':
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\libraries\IRLib2\IRLibDecodeBase.cpp:130:15: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
  return (val >= (uint16_t)(expected*(1.0-PERCENT_TOLERANCE/100.0)))
          ~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\libraries\IRLib2\IRLibDecodeBase.cpp:131:15: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
      && (val <= (uint16_t)(expected*(1.0+PERCENT_TOLERANCE/100.0)));
          ~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\libraries\IRLib2\IRLibRecvBase.cpp: In function 'void IRLib_IRrecvComplete(uint8_t)':
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\libraries\IRLib2\IRLibRecvBase.cpp:159:35: warning: unused parameter 'Reason' [-Wunused-parameter]
void IRLib_IRrecvComplete(uint8_t Reason) {
                                  ^~~~~~
HardwareSerial0.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): In function `Serial':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `__vector_18'
sketch\hat.ino.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
HardwareSerial0.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): In function `Serial':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `__vector_19'
sketch\hat.ino.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\hat\hat.ino: In function 'set_buzzer':
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\hat\hat.ino:207:17: warning: 'freq' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
    OCR2B = freq/2;
                ^
C:\Users\wboek\Downloads\arduino-1.8.19-windows\arduino-1.8.19\hat\hat.ino:191:13: note: 'freq' was declared here
    uint8_t freq;
            ^
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Fout bij het compileren voor board Arduino Pro or Pro Mini
Can you just use the provided makefile?
(2022-06-14, 02:57 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Can you just use the provided makefile?

I don't have a linux machine nearby... Confused
Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd hat
pi@raspberrypi:~/hat $ ls
hat.ino  IRLib2  Makefile  RCSwitch.cpp  RCSwitch.h  wiring.c
pi@raspberrypi:~/hat $ make
cat: objs: No such file or directory
echo /usr/share/arduino/libraries/Wire/Wire.o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/ardui             no/wiring_analog.o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/WInterrupts             .o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/new.o /usr/share/arduino/ha             rdware/arduino/cores/arduino/WString.o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores             /arduino/Stream.o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Print.o /usr             /share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/WMath.o /usr/share/arduino/hardwar             e/arduino/cores/arduino/main.o /usr/share/arduino/libraries/SPI/SPI.o /usr/share             /arduino/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.o IRLib2/IRLibRecvPCI/IRLibRecvPCI.o IRLib2/             IRLib2/IRLibRecvBase.o IRLib2/IRLib2/IRLibDecodeBase.o IRLib2/IRLibProtocols/IRL             ibHardware.o RCSwitch.o wiring.o | sed s,^,obj/,g | sed 's, , obj/,g' | sed s,//             ,/,g > objs
make /usr/share/arduino/libraries/Wire/Wire.o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/ardui             no/wiring_analog.o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/WInterrupts             .o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/new.o /usr/share/arduino/ha             rdware/arduino/cores/arduino/WString.o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores             /arduino/Stream.o /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Print.o /usr             /share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/WMath.o /usr/share/arduino/hardwar             e/arduino/cores/arduino/main.o /usr/share/arduino/libraries/SPI/SPI.o /usr/share             /arduino/libraries/Wire/utility/twi.o IRLib2/IRLibRecvPCI/IRLibRecvPCI.o IRLib2/             IRLib2/IRLibRecvBase.o IRLib2/IRLib2/IRLibDecodeBase.o IRLib2/IRLibProtocols/IRL             ibHardware.o RCSwitch.o wiring.o
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/hat'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target '/usr/share/arduino/libraries/Wire/Wire.o'.               Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/hat'
make: *** [Makefile:57: objs] Error 2
I got the above error. The got a rpi up and running. After installing arduino-mk (by using:  sudo apt-get install arduino-mk). Put the hat-folder from github on the pi and rebooted the device. After that i got the above error!?
Can you find Wire.cpp path and adjust the makefile to point to the arduino path if it is not /usr/share/arduino?

I also just install "arduino" I was unaware of the arduino-mk package, but not sure if that has changed the path
No, there is no need for arduino-mk with the stock Makefiles.

As a matter of fact I do use arduino-mk privately because I like it, but this requires modifying the Makefile.

If anyone is interested in this I can make these changes public somehow.
I did a reinstall of the raspberry pi. And with that, installed the plain arduino package now. 

This evening I'll try to compile the package again. But now with the arduino (instead of th arduino-mk)
no, still no dice...
I am getting cray here...

Is there an option to share a hex file of this code? So I can upload that one?
Try http://popies.net/pypilot/hat.hex
(2022-06-21, 08:00 PM)stelian Wrote: Try http://popies.net/pypilot/hat.hex

ah, great!

i've just uploaded the file to the pro mini. Only have to solder the headers to it.. Smile

Keep you posted

Victory!!!!

great, this works. I have now both lcd backlit and rf-remote control.

The hex file works great!
I used xloader for this