This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traffic to CloudFlare
I am running Openplotter on a Raspberry 4B connected to an onboard router with a SIM card for internet access.
Last month I had all the allowable traffic eaten from something on the boat (24 GB of traffic! Angry ).
I started to dig into the matter and finally discovered that is the Raspberry to consume that much traffic.
I have setup a traffic block rule on the router to avoid another total loss of data allowance and with nethogs checked carefully which connections were eating traffic.
I discovered a continuous traffic towards the CloudFlare servers, then created another firewall rule to block the traffic to the /16 network owned by CloudFlare.
Lastly I enabled and disabled this last rule to verify and actually when the rule is disabled the consumed data clock runs as hell.

Finally my question: what can I do to find the process/configuration/application that generates that traffic and stop it?
I am not a linux expert and on OpenPlotter I have installed no additional things besides the standard ones.
Since it is a continuous flow, it is also wasting cpu resources and I would like to get rid of it.

Any help will be much appreciated
Thanks in advance