This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kindle not connecting - others can
I am trying to set up a new paperwhite Kindle to display signalK data in the cockpit. After setting up  the wifi on the Rpi, I can connect with an iPhone or other devices and see the iKomunicate ap and other control panels through the 10.10.10.1:3000 address. The Kindle, however, fails to log into the network at all, though I am sure it has the correct password.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this WIFI issue?

Thanks -- Tony
(2022-06-30, 01:47 PM)tonyl09 Wrote: I am trying to set up a new paperwhite Kindle to display signalK data in the cockpit. After setting up  the wifi on the Rpi, I can connect with an iPhone or other devices and see the iKomunicate ap and other control panels through the 10.10.10.1:3000 address. The Kindle, however, fails to log into the network at all, though I am sure it has the correct password.

Thanks -- Tony

How many devices do you have connected .  you got problems if it are more than 7
Sailing in a LM23  23" motor sailor i Danmark  .  Mostly In Koege bay  .
Harbored  in SF-Syd  , Copenhagen .
Marine Enginer  ,   Pt. working on power plant 
(2022-06-30, 09:31 PM)winkaj Wrote:
(2022-06-30, 01:47 PM)tonyl09 Wrote: I am trying to set up a new paperwhite Kindle to display signalK data in the cockpit. After setting up  the wifi on the Rpi, I can connect with an iPhone or other devices and see the iKomunicate ap and other control panels through the 10.10.10.1:3000 address. The Kindle, however, fails to log into the network at all, though I am sure it has the correct password.

Thanks -- Tony

How many devices do you have connected .  you got problems if it are more than 7

The only thing connecting to the Pi WIFI at this point would be the Kindle, The Pi is being run headless and I am running a wired connection from my desktop for the VCN viewer. The Kindle is newy purchased for this use, so has not been configured to tie into Amazon or the Internet.

Are you referring to the number of devices on the Pi WIFI network?
(2022-07-01, 01:09 AM)tonyl09 Wrote:
(2022-06-30, 09:31 PM)winkaj Wrote:

Thanks -- Tony

The only thing connecting to the Pi WIFI at this point would be the Kindle, The Pi is being run headless and I am running a wired connection from my desktop for the VCN viewer. The Kindle is newy purchased for this use, so has not been configured to tie into Amazon or the Internet.

Are you referring to the number of devices on the Pi WIFI network?

Yes , the number of devices on the Pi WIFI network?
Sailing in a LM23  23" motor sailor i Danmark  .  Mostly In Koege bay  .
Harbored  in SF-Syd  , Copenhagen .
Marine Enginer  ,   Pt. working on power plant 
It was a long time ago and my memory is a bit shaky but I did get a kindle display working on my boat to to display boat speed using kplex and a couple of other bits and pieces before openplotter was a thing.

Anyway the problem that I had was the Kindle wants to call home and therefore if it is not on the internet it just doesn't work. From memory the way I got around it was to set up a DNS server on the pi to redirect the Kindle's requests so that it thought it was online.

It is too long ago and I have long since lost all the details on exactly how I did it so I cannot be much more help that this but hopefully it is enough info to get you on the right track.
Solved -- When rechecking the Network settings for the RPi I defined the Country, which had not been set before. After setting the Country at
Raspberry Pi Configuration | Localization | Set WIFI Country
the Kindle would connect.

Thank you all