This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant edit SK connections events
Anyone else had problems editing input and output events on SK connections.
If I edit an event field for connection A, it also edits connection B. 
Ive tried a fresh Openplotter installation and behaviour is the same !?

Ive logged an error report on Slack with the SK Dev team but wondered if anyone here had difficulty editing events fields
I can not reproduce that in SK version 1.44.0

what type of connections? output or inputs events?
(2022-07-19, 05:48 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I can not reproduce that in SK version 1.44.0

what type of connections? output or inputs events?

Sailoog, Thanks for replying

I just built a new test OP from scratch and upgraded SK to ver 1.44.0
created 3 NMEA serial connections called gps, seatalk and vhfradio
All using OP defined/managed serial ports
I start out with no input or output events defined on any of the connections
I then enter "nmea0183" in the output event for the vhfradio connection. (and press apply)
The vhfradio connection now shows nmea0183 in the output event but it also appears in the output event field for both the gps and the seatalk connections
Restart SK and the nmea0183 output event is still present for all connections but when I look at the settings.json file it only shows nmea0183 in "toStdout" for the vhfradio 
(copy attached)

Baffling !

Update I just tried editing the ignored sentences field for the vhfradio connection. That field also mirrors onto the other connections. !

Attached Files
.txt   settings.txt (Size: 1.91 KB / Downloads: 105)