This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maiana - Openplotter 2
Hi,
I have an issue with my Maiana Antenna: I installed exactly according to the manual.
Working with Op V2, AIS works very fine. I can see boats on the Rhine even though houses and two kilometers are in between, but it doesn't recieve GPS-data. The GPS-LED at the AIS-USB-Adapter flashes very short (and tired) when starting, but that's it. 

And then: TX-light is allways on, even if I silence the Adapter, as well with hardware as softwarebutton.
RX-light is flickering every now and then.
I use a cat6 cable, but I think theres no difference to cat5, the usb-cable is ok. 

Maiana app Ver 2.1.2
OP Ver. 2

Hardware revision: 11.3.0
Firmware revision: 4.1.0
Type of MCU: STM32L422

Then I tried to setup OP V 3, but here I gave up, after a very fresh and clean install (and reinstall of the signal-k-server), because the Maiana app could never connect to the device.

Any ideas, I dont want to use an extra gps-dongle, if possible.

Thanks in advance

Chr.
I found the solution myself.

After exchanging every part of the system without sucess, I deassembled the antenna.
Its a defective board. Angry 

The sma-connector seems to be too fragile, when 2,5m datacable are hanging at the system shaking in the waves and tearing down the transponder-board. The solder joints were hardly connected any more.

In the RJ45-Connector one spring to keep the plug was out of place.

I will try to solder these, but facing the tiny dimensions, I am not optimistic. What a pity but I think, this is the end of the project.

Christoph
We are sailing right now until September, please write MAIANA dev with the issue and we can try to provide a replacement when we are back to the office.