This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refrigeration
I was looking at the Stainless Lobster to improve performance of my Technautics CoolBlue refrigeration system. After giving it consideration, I feel I can make this work w/o adding yet another "system" by using gear I already have.

In my box, I already have a Ruuvi tag measuring temperature and humidity. I have Shelly switches on board to switch on/off various things. My thinking is to install a Shelly in place of the thermostat (a switch) and program up NodeRed to read the Ruuvi Tag data already in SK and make decisions regarding turning on or off the compressor (temperature), defrosting the holdover plate (based on humidity), notifications, etc. and make it all adjustable through a NodeRed dashboard. That's my idea.

Anyone have and thoughts, advice, or other ideas about this? What are typical parameters for temp/defrost/run time, etc.? It seems like the stainless lobster, while specs improve efficiency, isn't "magic". The accuracy of the Ruuvi Tag alone should help minimize extraneous run time over a mechanical thermostat.