This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STW reading 50% lower than real
The STW readings on my open marine (opencpn and mxtommy) show apron 50%  lower value than they really are. The main nav system on the boat is a Raymarine system with an itc-5  for converting the log paddle wheel signals into the system. On the Raymarine network the STW agrees with the SOG and seems to display sensible values.

A vYacht router transfers the SeaTalk NG / NMEA 2000 data to the pc / RPi.

Maybe somebody has encountered a similar issue and knows the solution or a possibility to calibrate STW values in opencpn or similar. 

Thanks for the help in advance!
(2022-08-18, 08:10 AM)Maughidhoo Wrote: The STW readings on my open marine (opencpn and mxtommy) show apron 50%  lower value than they really are. The main nav system on the boat is a Raymarine system with an itc-5  for converting the log paddle wheel signals into the system. On the Raymarine network the STW agrees with the SOG and seems to display sensible values.

A vYacht router transfers the SeaTalk NG / NMEA 2000 data to the pc / RPi.

Maybe somebody has encountered a similar issue and knows the solution or a possibility to calibrate STW values in opencpn or similar. 

Thanks for the help in advance!

Look for  the format the data is handlet  .  and presented  .  SignalK  use SI units  .  So NM  become KM   .   in Instrument Panel . you can chosse , what  format you like to see .
Sailing in a LM23  23" motor sailor i Danmark  .  Mostly In Koege bay  .
Harbored  in SF-Syd  , Copenhagen .
Marine Enginer  ,   Pt. working on power plant