This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with i2c: enabled | not running
1. First error: you have to define an uuid in signal k under defaults. or your own MSID.

2. dont know must be something with your api string from influx db

3. at my system the vcgencmd is: "which vcgencmd" /usr/bin/vcgencmd

4. for the rpi-monitor you have to install mpstat. for this you have to search "apt-cache search mpstat"
and install the package "sudo apt install sysstat"

GOOD LUCK

holger
(2023-03-27, 09:51 AM)holgerw Wrote: ... you have to define an uuid in signal k...
... must be something with your api string...
... vcgencmd is /usr/bin/vcgencmd...
... you have to install mpstat...

Thanks for your comments, Holger.

Considering that, 1, OpenPlotter is presented as being more or less "Plug and Play" and that, 2, I've not seen any of these instructions in OpenPlotter's documentation, if your suggestions are indeed relevant, it appears that there are serious short-comings in the most-recent implementation.

(2023-03-27, 10:33 AM)HeviiSailor Wrote:
(2023-03-27, 09:51 AM)holgerw Wrote: 1 ... you have to define an uuid in signal k...
2 ... must be something with your api string...
3 ... vcgencmd is /usr/bin/vcgencmd...
4 ... you have to install mpstat...
1. mmsi is and was already defined (and, shows up in SignalK Data Browser)
2. "something"? Hmm... any hints?
3. As is mine. However, how can this error be resolved?
4. mpstat was already installed

I also have an error on signalk-to-influxdb-v2-buffer: Failed to start: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'forEach')
(2023-03-25, 08:36 PM)HeviiSailor Wrote: It seems to me that I2C Sensors (3.3.12) on OpenPlotter (3.5.0) may be broken.

Running i2cdetect -y 1 from the command line has my BME280 showing up at address 77. However, when trying to run this from OpenPlotter, nothing appears.

Many sensors sold as BME280 are in fact BMP280. Try that.

Enable "debugging mode" in openplotter-settings app "system log" tab. then run openplotter-i2c from the terminal and send us any error.
(2023-03-27, 09:51 AM)holgerw Wrote: ... you have to define an uuid in signal k...
... must be something with your api string...
... vcgencmd is /usr/bin/vcgencmd...
... you have to install mpstat...

Thanks for your comments, Holger.

Considering that, 1, OpenPlotter is presented as being more or less "Plug and Play" and that, 2, I've not seen any of these instructions in OpenPlotter's documentation, if your suggestions are indeed relevant, it appears that there are serious short-comings in the most-recent implementation.

(2023-03-27, 09:51 AM)holgerw Wrote: 1 ... you have to define an uuid in signal k...
2 ... must be something with your api string...
3 ... vcgencmd is /usr/bin/vcgencmd...
4 ... you have to install mpstat...
1. mmsi is and was already defined (and, shows up in SignalK Data Browser)
2. "something"? Hmm... any hints?
3. As is mine. However, how can this error be resolved?
4. mpstat was already installed

I also have an error on signalk-to-influxdb-v2-buffer: Failed to start: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'forEach')

A unique uuid is generated the first time you run the signal k server if it does not exist but I do not know what the uuid has to do with this error ????

"signalk-to-influxdb" plugin is only for InfluxDB 1, you should install that manually and I am not sure this is still possible. OpenPlotter 3 installs only InfluxDB 2.

"signalk-to-influxdb-v2-buffering" plugin is for InfluxDB 2 but honestly I have never tried it. OpenPlotter 3 does not use signal k plugins for managing InfluxDB data, have you tried following the manual?

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....luxdb.html
(2023-03-27, 12:36 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Many sensors sold as BME280 are in fact BMP280. Try that.

Oh, those sleazy sellers of cheap Chinese goods Angry .  This is exactly what the problem was.  

I apologise for insinuating that it had something to do with your code Shy

* I've now changed to a different board which includes a BMP280 along with an AHT20 for humidity sensing. Unfortunately, the latter isn't recognised as a "supported sensor".  It there a workaround available for this?
(2023-03-27, 12:59 PM)Sailoog Wrote:

The plugins were indeed responsible for the error messages.

Yes, I read the manual. However, as it didn't warn of the dangers of installing random plugins, I installed as many as I thought were necessary. It was like giving a loaded gun to a kid!
(2023-03-27, 01:28 PM)HeviiSailor Wrote:
(2023-03-27, 12:36 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Many sensors sold as BME280 are in fact BMP280. Try that.

Oh, those sleazy sellers of cheap Chinese goods Angry .  This is exactly what the problem was.  

I apologise for insinuating that it had something to do with your code Shy

* I've now changed to a different board which includes a BMP280 along with an AHT20 for humidity sensing. Unfortunately, the latter isn't recognised as a "supported sensor".  It there a workaround available for this?

Do not worry, I appreciate any feedback even when the issue is not related to the code. When you do open development you have to have thick skin Smile

Unfortunately, AHT20 is not supported yet. It needs to be included in the code and I'm busy with other things right now, but it's on the list.
(2023-03-27, 02:31 PM)HeviiSailor Wrote: It was like giving a loaded gun to a kid!

Smile Smile Smile Smile