This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
web control issue
Hello All,
I am upgrading my system for the next sailing season:
-RPI 4b+
-Openplotter v3
-Pypilot 0.43 (upgraded using 'git clone https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot', followed by 'sudo python3 setup.py install')

I have an issue with the web control buttons when operated from a tablet (10.10.10.1:8000):
- I can activate the AP toggle and the actuator will operate if I move the IMU around 
- The tack functions seem to work
- However, the adjustments buttons (-1, -10, +1, +10) do not seem to work for me and the command is not passed on to pypilot

If I access the Web Control interface through the Pypilot app in Openplotter directly, all controls work fine, including the adjustment buttons.

Pic of the tablet view of Pypilot Web Control - Adjustment buttons do not work:

Pic of the Web Control interface on RPI - Adjustment buttons do work:

Pic of the setup

The setup used to work in the previous versions, so I am not quite sure how to fix this.

Thanks for your help!
Thanks for reporting this.

There were recent changes so that manual control should move the motor as long as you hold the button down, and stop when released.  This is to give better manual control but the logic is different on touch screen vs using a pointer.   Maybe this has caused an issue?

It should not affect control when engaged, but it seems you described this?
(2024-01-12, 08:10 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Thanks for reporting this.

There were recent changes so that manual control should move the motor as long as you hold the button down, and stop when released.  This is to give better manual control but the logic is different on touch screen vs using a pointer.   Maybe this has caused an issue?

It should not affect control when engaged, but it seems you described this?

Hi Sean,
Thank you for replying. Yes, I have tested it on an Android tablet and IPad, in both cases the buttons (-1, -10, +1, +10, <, << , >, >>) do not trigger any action and do not set a new heading or engage the driver (whether hold&release or a simple press on the touchscreen). 

Do you have any suggestion how to make it work? Should I install a previous version? If so, how do I do that? 
Thank you,
Lukas
Thanks for reporting this. I tried myself and using an android smart phone found that manual control worked, but -1, -10 etc for heading command did not. I modified the source code now so that everything is working for me.

Could you try updating from git and let me know?
(2024-01-13, 07:56 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: Thanks for reporting this.    I tried myself and using an android smart phone found that manual control worked, but -1, -10 etc for heading command did not.  I modified the source code now so that everything is working for me.

Could you try updating from git and let me know?

Hi Sean,
I updated the software and now everything works! Many thanks!
Cheers,
L