This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
pypilot on openplotter 3
I am very sorry for the problems you have had, we will be alert to any report from any user with similar issues to find a pattern but so far no one has reported any such destructive problem.

There is one thing that you are right. There are still significant gaps in the documentation but this is a chronic problem of any software that is worse in open source and even worse when there are not enough hands and brains. The good news is that we are currently there and the next thing on the list is to complete the documentation. I hope it will be useful to you in your next attempt. I was not kidding, you should also try other systems to compare and choose the best environment for you. In fact you already have.
Hi!

I have done a fresh install of OP3 64, then did the hack for my Moitessier hat 2, and when wanted to install Pypilot through OP settings/App openplotter, after getting candidates and press install Pypilot ( regular and graphical procedure) , I get this long error :

"Leyendo lista de paquetes...
Creando árbol de dependencias...
Leyendo la información de estado...
No se pudieron instalar algunos paquetes. Esto puede significar que
usted pidió una situación imposible o, si está usando la distribución
inestable, que algunos paquetes necesarios aún no se han creado o se
han sacado de «Incoming».
La siguiente información puede ayudar a resolver la situación:

Los siguientes paquetes tienen dependencias incumplidas:
openplotter-pypilot : Depende: swig pero no es instalable
E: No se pudieron corregir los problemas, usted ha retenido paquetes rotos.
sudo: pypilotPostInstall: command not found
"

I also tried the developer instructions under Read the docs, and get similar error in terminal;

"
pi@openplotter:~ $ git clone https://github.com/openplotter/openplotter-pypilot

Clonando en 'openplotter-pypilot'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 1092, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (427/427), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (214/214), done.
remote: Total 1092 (delta 206), reused 358 (delta 142), pack-reused 665
Recibiendo objetos: 100% (1092/1092), 377.61 KiB | 2.06 MiB/s, listo.
Resolviendo deltas: 100% (566/566), listo.
pi@openplotter:~ $ cd openplotter-pypilot
dpkg-buildpackage -b
dpkg-buildpackage: información: paquete fuente openplotter-pypilot
dpkg-buildpackage: información: versión de las fuentes 3.2.13-stable
dpkg-buildpackage: información: distribución de las fuentes bullseye
dpkg-buildpackage: información: fuentes modificadas por Sailoog <info@sailoog.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: información: arquitectura del sistema arm64
dpkg-source --before-build .
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: fallo: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 9) dh-python python3-all
dpkg-buildpackage: aviso: Las dependencias y conflictos de construcción no están satisfechas, interrumpiendo
dpkg-buildpackage: aviso: (Use la opción «-d» para anularlo.)
pi@openplotter:~/openplotter-pypilot $ cd ..
sudo dpkg -i openplotter-pypilot_x.x.x-xxx_all.deb
dpkg: error: no se puede acceder al archivo 'openplotter-pypilot_x.x.x-xxx_all.deb': No existe el fichero o el directorio
pi@openplotter:~ $
"

seems that the source is corrupted, can it be?

What happens?

Huh 

Thanks
I already know the Answer:

MOITESSIER 2 HAT, cannot work in 64 bits OS.

And if we change the user name in Imager options to other than the standar (PI), Signal K won't be able to start even if we reinstall it.

Shy
Moitessier HAT 2 does work in Raspberry OS 64bit.

Pypilot works OK in OpenPlotter 3: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....ading.html

Both Moitessier HAT 2 (hacked) and pypilot controller use UART0 interface, so you can not use both at the same time.
(2023-10-08, 09:52 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Moitessier HAT 2 does work in Raspberry OS 64bit.

Pypilot works OK in OpenPlotter 3: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....ading.html

Both Moitessier HAT 2 (hacked) and pypilot controller use UART0 interface, so you can not use both at the same time.

Thanks for the answer:

So then,  why I can't install Pypilot in OP settings when using an OP 64 fresh install ( I tried several times fresh installs ) but when I tried with 32 bits version I could do it at the first attempt?

And please, aslo note in the istalling guide that changing the username in PI imager options , leaves SignalK unusable as it's desgined to work in folder Home/pi

Anyway, don't worry;  I'm fine with 32 bits.

Thanks!
"And please, aslo note in the istalling guide that changing the username in PI imager options , leaves SignalK unusable as it's desgined to work in folder Home/pi"

linux has user's and permissions some functions require admin rights .
its set up to use default raspian install to keep it EZ that includes user's
(2023-10-10, 01:32 PM)jim321 Wrote: "And please, aslo note in the istalling guide that changing the username in PI imager options , leaves SignalK unusable as it's desgined to work in folder Home/pi"

linux has user's and permissions some functions require admin rights .
its set up to use default raspian install to keep it EZ that includes user's

Thanks Jim.

No idea, I changed username through PI Imager options when installing the OP OS image and when applying a different username , in the first start already SK didn't work. After letting that option blank repeating the installation, and leaving user as "PI"  , it worked as it should as remeber that we're talking of fresh installations.

I'm quite ignorant to Linux. Smile

I just wanted to leave trace of this annoyance which can turn people mad if unaware of it. Not a big issue, but for Linux newbies, , any minor difficulty becomes a drama. Big Grin

Regards!

(2023-10-07, 06:03 PM)aitonos Wrote: Hi!

I have done a fresh install of OP3 64, then did the hack for my Moitessier hat 2, and when wanted to install Pypilot through OP settings/App openplotter, after getting candidates and press install Pypilot ( regular and graphical procedure) , I get this long error :

"Leyendo lista de paquetes...
Creando árbol de dependencias...
Leyendo la información de estado...
No se pudieron instalar algunos paquetes. Esto puede significar que
usted pidió una situación imposible o, si está usando la distribución
inestable, que algunos paquetes necesarios aún no se han creado o se
han sacado de «Incoming».
La siguiente información puede ayudar a resolver la situación:

Los siguientes paquetes tienen dependencias incumplidas:
openplotter-pypilot : Depende: swig pero no es instalable
E: No se pudieron corregir los problemas, usted ha retenido paquetes rotos.
sudo: pypilotPostInstall: command not found
"

I also tried the developer instructions under Read the docs, and get similar error in terminal;

"
pi@openplotter:~ $ git clone https://github.com/openplotter/openplotter-pypilot

Clonando en 'openplotter-pypilot'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 1092, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (427/427), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (214/214), done.
remote: Total 1092 (delta 206), reused 358 (delta 142), pack-reused 665
Recibiendo objetos: 100% (1092/1092), 377.61 KiB | 2.06 MiB/s, listo.
Resolviendo deltas: 100% (566/566), listo.
pi@openplotter:~ $ cd openplotter-pypilot
dpkg-buildpackage -b
dpkg-buildpackage: información: paquete fuente openplotter-pypilot
dpkg-buildpackage: información: versión de las fuentes 3.2.13-stable
dpkg-buildpackage: información: distribución de las fuentes bullseye
dpkg-buildpackage: información: fuentes modificadas por Sailoog <info@sailoog.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: información: arquitectura del sistema arm64
dpkg-source --before-build .
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: fallo: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 9) dh-python python3-all
dpkg-buildpackage: aviso: Las dependencias y conflictos de construcción no están satisfechas, interrumpiendo
dpkg-buildpackage: aviso: (Use la opción «-d» para anularlo.)
pi@openplotter:~/openplotter-pypilot $ cd ..
sudo dpkg -i openplotter-pypilot_x.x.x-xxx_all.deb
dpkg: error: no se puede acceder al archivo 'openplotter-pypilot_x.x.x-xxx_all.deb': No existe el fichero o el directorio
"

seems that the source is corrupted, can it be?

What happens?

Huh 

Thanks

Rereading my first meeage concernign this case, I think I've found the reason:

What about this?

No existe el fichero o el directorio

(Does'nt exist file nor directory pi@openplotter:~ $)

So, now, ate least for me,  it seems that the the 64 bit issue I mentioned it was also caused by the User name hange when creating the OS disk, as this installation attemp of Pypilot here recalls for PI and I might have also chaged the USername in that attempt of installations

So the major culprit of all the reported issues I had has been the change of username, important! If possible, let it know in the Read the docs installation section; others might face this too.

Thanks!
After recent updates to bullseye including a python3 update (I think it was python3.10) Pypilot keeps restarting constantly with the following messages in daemon.log:

ERROR loading wind.py cannot import name 'HeadingOffset' from partially initialized module 'pypilot.autopilot' (most likely due to a circular import) (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/pypilot/autopilot.py) cannot import name 'HeadingOffset' from partially initialized module 'pypilot.autopilot' (most likely due to a circular import) (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/pypilot/autopilot.py)
Maybe a reason to no longer accept debian updates in a perfectly working system (including OP and signalk)?
I have seen this one before (cannot import name 'HeadingOffset') but have registered it as yet another harmless error message. I would reckon you would have another error in your log. Can you check that?
Hi, I am building new pypilot setup on my boat. I prefer to use USB serial on motor controller, but each time I start pypilot application it drops message ‘at least one UART interface for pypilot controller must be added to list of serial ports’.
But I have one /dev/ttyOP_pilot in serial ports list, and it looks like working with my motor controller.
Is any particular reason to use physical port? How to avoid an error? I have plans to use BT, so I do not happy to use UART0