This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] OP 3 64 bit upgrade from beta to stable issues
Dear all,
just to share my experiences. Raspi 4B 2GB 1.5
When I upgraded from OP3 beta 64 bit to OP3 headless stable 64 bit, I received error messages for notifications and that it could not read the OPcn configuartion. I could not repair it to clear this errors. I made a complete new installation and it worked, thus I cannot recommend to upgrade, just install from scratch, but only the 32 bit version, because:

The new 64 bit installation has the Signal K problem, that I could not install the plugin for the wonderful MCS board and could not upgrade other plugins - this worked flawless with OP 3 beta 64 bit headless! I have now installed the 32 bit OP 3 stable headless and I could install it.

Best regards
Thomas
I am not aware of that problem in signal k in 64bit. Is this an issue for all signal k plugins? has this been reported to signal k developers or documented somewhere?
I got this info from Thomas Gersmann, the creator of the MCS board. I could imagine, that this is correct, because since I have moved 32 bit is the connection far more stable (no interruptions, which I had before often) and also the updating of existing plugins ran far smoother.

Regards Thomas
OK, so I guess this issue is only for that board and its signal k plugin. Anyway, you will only notice a performance improvement using the 64bit edition if you have a Raspberry 4 with 8GB.

Marking this thread as closed, reopen if necessary.