This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Software to review Nmea, routes...
Dear All,

I learn a lot with OpenPlotter with this forum, and I'm thanks for that and also for this wonderfull software.

I would like to ask if is there a software, that you can load the NMEA log and GPX,  that Openplotter + avnav ( In my case) collect from different sensors.   And then check into map, the route you have done, speed, wind directions, etc...

Thanks a lot to all, another time for your time.

Moltes Gracies!

Osr75
You could import your .GPX Tracks from OpenCPN into "Google Earth"

Holger
(2022-09-01, 07:47 PM)Osr75 Wrote: Dear All,

I learn a lot with OpenPlotter with this forum, and I'm thanks for that and also for this wonderfull software.

I would like to ask if is there a software, that you can load the NMEA log and GPX,  that Openplotter + avnav ( In my case) collect from different sensors.   And then check into map, the route you have done, speed, wind directions, etc...

Thanks a lot to all, another time for your time.

Moltes Gracies!

Osr75

Opencpn will record & play back nmea, if you want to convert gpx back to nmea it's more tricky but all gps nmea should be in the log anyway. 
https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/plugins/vdr.html
There is another interesting option. Since we have all the data centralized in Signal K, we can save and reproduce a complete a sailing session that includes all sensors. Look at this: https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/2022/0...otter.html

Signal k server also includes by default options to log any data connection.
Hello!

Thanks a lot I will have a deep sight with OpenCpn.  I'm using avnav, as is really confrotable to have all gps data from a server.... and use any tablet or phone to acces to poltter info.  I will try then to use avnav for navigation and opencpn for review the sail session!!! in other words avnav for sea-sail-session and opencpn for sofa-sail-session!

Thanks a lot!
Moltes gracies!

Osr75
I have used several programs to manipulate, display and look at the structure of files for opencpn and other GPS units and chart plotters. I have listed the programs in our blog 

https://svmatilda.blogspot.com/2018/07/p...files.html

Cheers,
Matilda
Only those who go too far can possibly tell you how far one can go

Our Blog: svmatilda.com