This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
openplotter-pypilot 3.x.x beta released
sailoog... Lets try to coordinate changes better in the future.. I made a lot of improvements you ignored or did not know I made, and continue with new changes.. it became hard to merge. I redid everything this time without wxformbuilder and keeping your improvements.

The main change is to use systemd for pypilot services. This is really is required for a sane setup because it can respawn any crash, but more importantly it starts pypilot sooner at boot and a command can be used to configure the pypilot processes without requiring the gui, and the log output managed by journald.

Anyway, I think I managed to merge finally. Please test:
https://github.com/pypilot/openplotter-pypilot

both hat and web services can be run without pypilot as well.. in this case they will attempt to locate and use a remote pypilot such as tinypilot for example.

ironman:
As for running without signalk, openplotter has signalk server by default. Did you disable signalk server? There is no technical reason pypilot should not work if you do this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: openplotter-pypilot 3.x.x beta released - by seandepagnier - 2022-09-21, 10:43 PM