This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
openplotter-pypilot 3.x.x beta released
Do you mean sudo will not work without a password? If so, I need to also find a solution for the processes that switch to realtime priority.

I think you will find its too much work to replicate everything systemd does and it will be confusing for users and end up less good. I would like users be able to use ssh and systemctl. Let me know if there are any specific issues. If we remove sudo, a box pops up and asks for the user password.

I am not sure what the rescue button was supposed to do. I made it reset the pypilot configuration.

as for openplotterPypilotRead: yes I did not consider trying to use signalk in boatimu mode. Generally you can run the full autopilot without a motor controller.. but it may use more cpu than only boatimu mode.

pypilot can now output gps smoothed with imu data, so the openplotterPypilotRead.py script would need even more updates and it will be extra work to maintain and still not provide all the functions. I'm trying to figure the best solution... add signalk and nmea to boatimu mode.. or maybe just run the full pilot with all serial ports disabled (ensuring no motor controller probing) Do you think nmea input/output is needed in imu only mode or just signalk? Not really sure what users intend.

Messages In This Thread
RE: openplotter-pypilot 3.x.x beta released - by seandepagnier - 2022-09-22, 03:07 PM