This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
openplotter-pypilot 3.x.x beta released
I see the issue with sudo/systemd, but switching away creates new problems. Let me know if the the pi user no longer can sudo without root. We may need to add a pypilot user instead.

The rescue button is interesting at least but I agree you can remove it. I thought it could be useful to reset pypilot settings but I will probably build that into the normal user interfaces of pypilot instead.

The boatimu in pypilot was mostly for debugging but also as a way to only use the IMU and not have the cpu use of other processes, or probing. About the
openplotterPypilotRead.py script
1) It doesn't seem to handle the normal access requests to request a token. Do you generate this token when building the openplotter image, or how does this even work?
2) pypilot can now do sensor fusion. For example, compensating wind sensors on top of the mast using the gyros, or using accelerometers to smooth gps data giving smooth speedometer with many updates per second. I plan to add more fusion in the future, and also potentially provide means to calibrate water speed sensors compute leeway and so on... I dont think it makes sense anymore to maintain this script.

I will look into the best solution for this, either adding sensor support to boatimu, or adding command line to pypilot to disable motor control and serial port probing, whichever works best.

Messages In This Thread
RE: openplotter-pypilot 3.x.x beta released - by seandepagnier - 2022-09-22, 04:49 PM