This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring up the Arduino Nano to the Motor Controller
Photo 
Hello All!

I am trying to understand how to put together the pypilot. Reading the workbook, got up to Step 9: "wiring up the Nano". It says there: "Everything you need to know is in the comments in the source code of motor.ino."

When I open that up, I read the following, first few lines: 

That really tells me nothing. I am not new to Arduino, I know what are pins and pin numbers. But what does "adc pin0 is a resistor divider" I have no idea. And other pins as well...

I bought the motor controller at Sean's store. Can somebody explain to me (and perhaps to others who want to make the autopilot) how to connect the Arduino to the Motor controller? I attach a photo of the Motor controller below. 

I suppose an answer that I would expect would be something like this: "attach D0 to this wire, D1 to this wire, etc."

I have more questions, but let's start with one. Hope to hear an answer, Thank You All!
Hi,

You mentioned an attached picture, but I can't see it.

I'm not sure where to start with your current question. Can you ask some of your other questions?
(2022-08-27, 02:46 AM)Gennady Wrote: Hello All!

I am trying to understand how to put together the pypilot. Reading the workbook, got up to Step 9: "wiring up the Nano". It says there: "Everything you need to know is in the comments in the source code of motor.ino."

When I open that up, I read the following, first few lines: 

That really tells me nothing. I am not new to Arduino, I know what are pins and pin numbers. But what does "adc pin0 is a resistor divider" I have no idea. And other pins as well...

I bought the motor controller at Sean's store. Can somebody explain to me (and perhaps to others who want to make the autopilot) how to connect the Arduino to the Motor controller? I attach a photo of the Motor controller below. 

I suppose an answer that I would expect would be something like this: "attach D0 to this wire, D1 to this wire, etc."

I have more questions, but let's start with one. Hope to hear an answer, Thank You All!

My motor controllers include the microprocessor used in the arduino.   You only need to connect power, the motor and the 4 wires to the pins on the raspberry see "serial data connection"
https://pypilot.org/schematics/hbridge_datasheet.htm

and the schematic
https://pypilot.org/schematics/wp_controller.pdf