This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
from signalk to script python
First of all, thank you for the work done so far.
Second, excuse me for my poor English.

I intend to create an alarm so that in the event that a water leak occurs while I am away from the ship, I can receive a warning.

I have done my tests with python and a telegram bot and it seems that the system works correctly.
The problem has arisen when I want to implement it.

I have an arduino with a variety of sensors that collect different data and pass it to openplotter (signal k) via USB.
what I would need is for the script to be able to receive/read certain data (in this case the state of a level switch) from the signal k server and, if it is activated, send me a message via telegram to alert me of the situation.

I have the script code fully developed but I am missing the part of importing the necessary data from signal k and if there is any type of configuration to be carried out in signal k or openplotter to establish said communication.

It goes without saying that in my case it is only a bilge water level sensor but more can be added (temperature, intrusion, presence of gas, etc).

Thank you very much for your help.

I would gladly share the code with anyone interested.

I have seen a Signal k plugin, pdjr-skplugin-renotifier, that can do that i want, execute a script when an evento occurs, but It seems nota work correctly because i can't instalo It. Using openplotter v3 fully actualizated un a RPI4 8GB