This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP 3 and dashboard
Hello,
although wind data is available, the dashboard which shows only numbers for the wind (direction and speed) shows "__". The dasboard which shows the wind direction on a compass rose works well.

Regards
Thomas
I assume you are talking about the signal k dashboard plugin.
Nope, I mentioned the dasboard in openplotter 3 dashboard plugin and tactics plugin.

Even worse: data shown in the dasboard are not necessarily visible in the tactics dashboard.
OpenCPN dashboard plugin and tactics plugin?
(2022-09-28, 04:56 PM)GER-387 Wrote: Nope, I mentioned the dasboard in openplotter 3 dashboard plugin and tactics plugin.

Even worse: data shown in the dasboard are not necessarily visible in the tactics dashboard.

are you sending the opencpn dashboard sentences it understands? 

https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p..._sentences
(2022-09-28, 05:45 PM)Sailoog Wrote: OpenCPN dashboard plugin and tactics plugin?

Yes, exactly.

(2022-09-28, 06:22 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2022-09-28, 04:56 PM)GER-387 Wrote: Nope, I mentioned the dasboard in openplotter 3 dashboard plugin and tactics plugin.

are you sending the opencpn dashboard sentences it understands? 

https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p..._sentences

I am not sure, if I understand your question, but the graphic dashboards wind (in the opcn dasboard plugin) are working. Only the numeric dashboards wind do not.

In case of the tactics plugin dashboards it is even worse: most of the dasboards do not work at all (although the same dashboards from the dasboard plugin show values)

regards
Thomas
(2022-10-06, 11:46 AM)GER-387 Wrote: I am not sure, if I understand your question, but the graphic dashboards wind (in the opcn dasboard plugin) are working. Only the numeric dashboards wind do not.

In case of the tactics plugin dashboards it is even worse: most of the dasboards do not work at all (although the same dashboards from the dasboard plugin show values)

regards
Thomas

Without knowing what you are sending it's hard to be of any help..

What connections to signalk do you have set in opencpn? Signalk? NMEA0183?
(2022-10-06, 12:42 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2022-10-06, 11:46 AM)GER-387 Wrote: I am not sure, if I understand your question, but the graphic dashboards wind (in the opcn dasboard plugin) are working. Only the numeric dashboards wind do not.

regards
Thomas

Without knowing what you are sending it's hard to be of any help..

only NMEA2000 Canbus
(2022-10-06, 04:47 PM)GER-387 Wrote:
(2022-10-06, 12:42 PM)PaddyB Wrote: Without knowing what you are sending it's hard to be of any help..

only NMEA2000 Canbus

sorry, that doesn't really  help. What connections are set in opencpn to signalk? Default is  tcp 10.10.10.1 port 10110

[Image: Z96g8VZ.png]
It is:
- Network
- Signal K
-"localhost"
- Port 3000

Regards
Thomas