This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error: Could not locate the bindings file
Good day fine forum folks!

I got SignalK up and running just fine this weekend, only to have it stop working last night. Possibly my fault, was a late night of tinkering...
Have run npm rebuild, to no avail.
Any idea what would have caused these faults and how to rectify them? Should I downgrade to OP2 (i2c would be good to have for my trip this autumn)?

Appreciate any help!

[Image: 2-error.png]

[Image: error-1.png]

*Edit: i2c being worked on this month - woohoo!
try to reset the 2 values in the serial
something is wrong there
Serial devices can only be read or written by one application at a time and you have defined the same devices in Signa k and OpenCPN. Remove OpenCPN connections, you do not need them, just connect OpenCPN to signal k.
Thanks for the reply! I figured as much. Had disabled the direct connection in OpenCPN so thought that may have sufficed. Now that they're deleted the same problem persists... Thinking of doing a fresh install if I can't learn Linux fast enough. Smile
then you had 2 issues, I guess the binding file warning is still there.

sometimes the signal k module in charge of serial connections is not compiled right, try reinstalling the signal k server from openplotter-signalk-installer
(2022-09-20, 10:35 AM)Sailoog Wrote: then you had 2 issues, I guess the binding file warning is still there.

sometimes the signal k module in charge of serial connections is not compiled right, try reinstalling the signal k server from openplotter-signalk-installer

Just tried reinstalling. Same problem. Thanks for the tips nevertheless!
you should send the full error from the log to Signal k devs to try to find out what is going on.
Cheers, will do!
(2022-09-20, 11:28 AM)SYWalrus Wrote:
(2022-09-20, 10:35 AM)Sailoog Wrote: then you had 2 issues, I guess the binding file warning is still there.

Just tried reinstalling. Same problem. Thanks for the tips nevertheless!

Hi, Sailoog, I tried updating my (working) system to get the seatalk functionality, did all the updates, went through all steps mentioned above, and I have the same problem as SYWalrus. SignalK will not pick up my serial gps, tried creating connection from both serial app and signalK. It all ends the same: no keys show up and bindings file error is shown. There is no problem with the connection if it is made directly from OpenCPN. It seems to be a SignalK security issue
”Could not locate the bindings file” means that your Signal K install is broken. The binding between JavaScript and the platform specific serial devices is missing. I don’t know what the root cause is, but reinstalling with

sudo npm install -g signalk-server

should fix it.

Unless there is something OP specific here I am not aware of.