This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First PyPilot install (tiny pilot, RC control, Ethernet)
The fastest way would be to install the old arduino (versin 1.0.x) and use that for now

Right now I have updated the makefile in my unstable branch for pypilot hat, so you could compare this to the old Makefile and modify for the new arduino:
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/tree/...rduino/hat

Otherwise be patient, I will have to correct this but I have been informed that the serial driver is not working for some reason.
Thanks for the help and your continued effort @seandepagnier

I tried with the old version on another path, but with no success. I what to mention that I am trying to install from a amd64 linux computer running a debian flavor. I am running a Arduino Nano Every with a ATMEGA4809 chip. I hope this is compatible!?

Attahed is the print from make

Attached Files
.txt   printFromMake.txt (Size: 17.06 KB / Downloads: 88)
Take a look here:

https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/issues/165

I think you need to build avrdude using the script mentioned there.

Then use Arduino 1.8.19 and Makefile also mentioned there to build motor controller firmware.

You also need to manually modify the Makefile to point to correct location on your Arduino 1.8.19 installation,
and you need to change MCU in it

from

MCU = atmega328p

to

MCU = atmega48

and do

make clean

make

That should build a firmware. I have no idea if that firmware works though.
Download BBN Marine OS for raspberry pi 

https://bareboat-necessities.github.io/m...at-os.html

Video of actual installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zMjUs2X3qU

(2022-10-04, 08:46 PM)Marius Wrote: Thanks for the help and your continued effort @seandepagnier

I tried with the old version on another path, but with no success. I what to mention that I am trying to install from a amd64 linux computer running a debian flavor. I am running a Arduino Nano Every with a ATMEGA4809 chip. I hope this is compatible!?

Attahed is the print from make

you will have to be careful with the atmega4809.   It has the capabilities but it may not be worth the effort of dealing with the differences.   The code likely has to be modified in several ways.   Is there a reason not to use the atmega328?
Thanks @mgrouch for the feedback on how move forward. I will try this tonight.

@seandepagnier 
Quote:you will have to be careful with the atmega4809.   It has the capabilities but it may not be worth the effort of dealing with the differences.   The code likely has to be modified in several ways.   Is there a reason not to use the atmega328?

The only reason was that this was available from a source that I could get it quickly. I will try with a older nano clone a friend had lying around.
It runs on my desk!! No I just need to install it to the vessel! Thanks for the help getting to this point

I get a SYNC DRIVER_TIMEOUT flag. What does that mean?
SYNC means communication is working
DRIVER_TIMEOUT means it is commanding the motor to move but not detecting any current draw

Both are informational and do not indicate any errors. I am assuming that the motor is not connected?
Hello everybody,
Like Marius, I would prefer to avoid a permanent wifi emission inside my steel boat.
On my installation, OP on a Raspberry 3B and Sean's Tinypilot V 0.32, I got previously an Ethernet communication between both after some manipulations on networking.sh.
Since the installation of OP3 that appears to be a nice improvement of OpenPlotter, I have loosed this possibility.
I would be interested to know the changes done by Marius to obtain the Ethernet link between OpenPlotter and Tinypilot.
Your help would be welcome!
How did you get ethernet to the pi zero?
Hello Sean, thank for your interest.
I got ethernet using the usb port and a usb to ethernet converter Gigabit Lan Glaabit. If I remember correctly my actions, I just had rewritten the line number 41 in networking.sh (Pypilot 0.32) to change wlan0 by eth0 (mode "Master + Managed"). I started the Tinypilot in Master + managed mode and once running it was possible to stop both wlan0 on Tinypilot in SSH then wlan9 on the Openplotter raspi. That was probably not a very professional approach, I am a real newby.
It was working fine during the last season, unfortunately I loosed that after installation of OP3.