This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miniplex data to SignalK
Wink 
I have searched on the old posts but found nothing on this matter.
I am very new to this, so maybe I am missing something or searching in the wrong way.

I have a rpi with SignalK and a MiniPlex device on the same network; I would like to funnel the Miniplex data to SignalK as already I do for an app on my tablet.
The MiniPlex is configured to stream the NMEA data both TCP and UDP on port 10110.

Thank you in advance for a clue Big Grin
(2022-09-20, 06:12 PM)pacman Wrote: I have searched on the old posts but found nothing on this matter.
I am very new to this, so maybe I am missing something or searching in the wrong way.

I have a rpi with SignalK and a MiniPlex device on the same network; I would like to funnel the Miniplex data to SignalK as already I do for an app on my tablet.
The MiniPlex is configured to stream the NMEA data both TCP and UDP on port 10110.

Thank you in advance for a clue Big Grin

setup a data connection within SignalK following the instructions/process here: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....exing.html
(2022-09-21, 02:00 PM)Techstyle Wrote: setup a data connection within SignalK following the instructions/process here: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....exing.html

Thanks Techstyle, but I don't need SignalK acting as multiplexer but the MiniPlex NMEA data to be feeded into SignalK.
I tried creating a connection selecting UDP, but no data is flowing into SignalK.
My tablet connected on the same network, is working fine with UDP from the Miniplex.
(2022-09-22, 04:43 PM)pacman Wrote:
(2022-09-21, 02:00 PM)Techstyle Wrote: setup a data connection within SignalK following the instructions/process here: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....exing.html

Thanks Techstyle, but I don't need SignalK acting as multiplexer but the MiniPlex NMEA data to be feeded into SignalK.
I tried creating a connection selecting UDP, but no data is flowing into SignalK.
My tablet connected on the same network, is working fine with UDP from the Miniplex.

If you feed the Miniplex data into SignalK,  it will automatically be sent back out by SignalK, so you get multiplexing by default. to turn this off select 'Suppress NMEA0183 events'

try playing with the toggle switches: Validate Checksum, Append Checksum, remove null characters

turn on logging and see what you are receiving, perhaps paste relevant parts of your log in here
(2022-09-22, 04:52 PM)Techstyle Wrote: If you feed the Miniplex data into SignalK,  it will automatically be sent back out by SignalK, so you get multiplexing by default. to turn this off select 'Suppress NMEA0183 events'

try playing with the toggle switches: Validate Checksum, Append Checksum, remove null characters

turn on logging and see what you are receiving, perhaps paste relevant parts of your log in here

Do I need to restart the SignalK server every time I modify the connection settings?
(2022-09-22, 05:07 PM)pacman Wrote:
(2022-09-22, 04:52 PM)Techstyle Wrote: If you feed the Miniplex data into SignalK,  it will automatically be sent back out by SignalK, so you get multiplexing by default. to turn this off select 'Suppress NMEA0183 events'

Do I need to restart the SignalK server every time I modify the connection settings?

I am not sure, but it definitely wouldn't hurt
(2022-09-22, 05:42 PM)Techstyle Wrote: I am not sure, but it definitely wouldn't hurt

No luck so far. I have tried all the possible combinations of toggles.
Still no data coming with UDP, but with TCP it works just fine. Confused
If you create an UDP connection in signal k you must to configure your device with the IP:port of the signal k sever. Maybe you forgot to change this and the device is still trying to send data to the IP:port of your tablet.
(2022-09-23, 10:29 AM)Sailoog Wrote: If you create an UDP connection in signal k you must to configure your device with the IP:port of the signal k sever. Maybe you forgot to change this and the device is still trying to send data to the IP:port of your tablet.

The device is configured to send data to the subnet broadcast address, because I have two tablets and one pc that need to read the NMEA data as well and sometimes there is more than one of them connected at the same time.
Is it possible for SignalK to receive the NMEA data sent to the broadcast address?
Good question, I have no idea, never tried. I would say no because it seems that it could be the root of your problem.