This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Openplotter 3 64 bit - No Seatalk1, GPIO app unavailable.
Sorry for the late reply Sailoog, I was visiting the amazing Paisos Catalans!

So I did do a clean install of openplotter and played around a bit more.

The same issue occurred again, I have now switched to the “new” circuit discussed in your post and with the explanation of Adrian in his post. This did not help the problem so i went digging a bit more, and found a small clue:

It seems to me like there is an issue with conflicting pigpiod services/deamons.

So what happens now is the following:

1. We start halfway with a running instance of Openplotter, seatalk data coming in Signal K, all is good.
2. I do a dirty shutdown, unplug the power from the testbench, all devices lose power at the same time ( like the boat circuit being switched off by accident)
3. I power the raspi back up, openplotter goes through the selftest, all seems good (“pigpiod is running” in green, “no gpio conflicts”)
4. But, too bad, no seatalk data coming in Signalk anymore, connection is there, status on the dashboard reads “started”, but 0 deltas, nothing gets detected in the log, complete silence.
5. I run the terminal command “SUDO KILLALL PIGPIOD”
6. Signalk complains with a Traceback error message and a status marking that it will try again in minute
7. I run the terminal command “SUDO PIGPIOD”
8. After the remainder of the 1 minute waiting time marked in step 6, halleluja, it works again! Seatalk data streaming into signalk!

My conclusion is that there is a conflict between multiple instances of PIGPIOD, but i haven’t found out why or where that conflict comes from.

Any idea?

Merci

P.s. when i run SUDO PIGPIOD before i run the KILLALL command, it says it “can’t lock /var/run/pigpio.pid - can’t initialise pigpio library”

Messages In This Thread
Downgrade for seatalk to work? - by erpi1962 - 2022-10-24, 02:03 PM
RE: Openplotter 3 64 bit - No Seatalk1, GPIO app unavailable. - by broosmaxim - 2023-05-13, 12:01 AM