This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
openplotter-i2c 3.x.x released
(2022-10-09, 05:50 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-10-09, 04:57 PM)hrios Wrote:
(2022-10-09, 02:14 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-10-09, 01:45 PM)hrios Wrote: pi@raspberrypi:~ $ openplotter-i2c
Error: Could not open file `/dev/i2c-0' or `/dev/i2c/0': No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/openplotterI2c.py", line 313, in OnAddButton
    for i in self.i2c_sensors:
AttributeError: 'MyFrame' object has no attribute 'i2c_sensors'

Have you approved the signal k connection?

EDITED

I have been able to reproduce your error, you must approve the signal k connection before adding sensors. I will disable the "Add" button in those cases. thanks for reporting, please let me know if your BMP3XX sensor works and I will mark it as "tested".

I would like to do it but the approve button in I2C settings is disabled and i dont have any request message to aprove or allow in signal K.

Also Openplotter I2C device is at the list of devices with admin permissions and device_id already. But no connection is created... and no new token to approve.

I tried uninstalling I2C and reinstalling but same situation.

Could you provide more details about your context? I can see that you are not using an openplotter image.

Raspberry OS version? 32bit 64 bit? openplotter settings version? what happenbs when you click "check system"?
Im using Raspbian 11 bullseyes on armv7l 32 bits, openplotter settings 3.4.4 and in system check is asking me to allow permissions read/write for I2C in Signal K.

I think is something related on comunication in  between signal k and the openplotter installer
Do you think i should reinstall signal k? I would like to avoid this option actually...
(2022-10-08, 02:35 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We have ported all the sensor supported in OpenPlotter 2 to OpenPlotter 3 and added a few more.

ADS1115 (analog to digital conversion)
Multiplexing: Not implemented yet
ADS1015 (analog to digital conversion)

not quite
there are problems with that ADS1115 ?
(2022-10-09, 06:16 PM)hrios Wrote:
(2022-10-09, 05:50 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-10-09, 04:57 PM)hrios Wrote:
(2022-10-09, 02:14 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-10-09, 01:45 PM)hrios Wrote: pi@raspberrypi:~ $ openplotter-i2c
Error: Could not open file `/dev/i2c-0' or `/dev/i2c/0': No such file or directory
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/openplotterI2c.py", line 313, in OnAddButton
    for i in self.i2c_sensors:
AttributeError: 'MyFrame' object has no attribute 'i2c_sensors'

Have you approved the signal k connection?

EDITED

I have been able to reproduce your error, you must approve the signal k connection before adding sensors. I will disable the "Add" button in those cases. thanks for reporting, please let me know if your BMP3XX sensor works and I will mark it as "tested".

I would like to do it but the approve button in I2C settings is disabled and i dont have any request message to aprove or allow in signal K.

Also Openplotter I2C device is at the list of devices with admin permissions and device_id already. But no connection is created... and no new token to approve.

I tried uninstalling I2C and reinstalling but same situation.

Could you provide more details about your context? I can see that you are not using an openplotter image.

Raspberry OS version? 32bit 64 bit? openplotter settings version? what happenbs when you click "check system"?
Im using Raspbian 11 bullseyes on armv7l 32 bits, openplotter settings 3.4.4 and in system check is asking me to allow permissions read/write for I2C in Signal K.

I think is something related on comunication in  between signal k and the openplotter installer
Do you think i should reinstall signal k? I would like to avoid this option actually...

I finnally deleted the old client_id for I2C device and I could approve the device. Once refresh says its allowed but i cant add sensors.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ openplotter-i2c
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/openplotterI2c.py", line 142, in OnRefreshButton
    self.readSensors()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/openplotterI2c.py", line 253, in readSensors
    channel = self.i2c_sensors[name]['channel']
KeyError: 'channel'
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/openplotterI2c.py", line 314, in OnAddButton
    if address == self.i2c_sensors[i]['address'] and channel == self.i2c_sensors[i]['channel']:

In SignalK no proper connection is created, but just temporary connection activity string related to the device_id.

Ok no worries ill play with it... U dont waste your time with this. I was just asking in case it was a trivial mistake of mine... or something obvious  Confused tx anyway
(2022-10-09, 06:39 PM)nebosa Wrote:
(2022-10-08, 02:35 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We have ported all the sensor supported in OpenPlotter 2 to OpenPlotter 3 and added a few more.

ADS1115 (analog to digital conversion)
ADS1015 (analog to digital conversion)

not quite
there are problems with that ADS1115 ?

It should not
(2022-10-09, 08:21 PM)hrios Wrote: I finnally deleted the old client_id for I2C device and I could approve the device. Once refresh says its allowed but i cant add sensors.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ openplotter-i2c
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/openplotterI2c.py", line 142, in OnRefreshButton
    self.readSensors()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/openplotterI2c.py", line 253, in readSensors
    channel = self.i2c_sensors[name]['channel']
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/openplotterI2c.py", line 314, in OnAddButton
    if address == self.i2c_sensors[i]['address'] and channel == self.i2c_sensors[i]['channel']:

Remove all sensors and start from scratch. If that does not work, open this file: /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf and remove everything under the [I2C] tag. You will have to approve the SK connection again.

(2022-10-09, 08:21 PM)hrios Wrote: In SignalK no proper connection is created, but just temporary connection activity string related to the device_id.

sorry, I do not understand this
Hi
I reinstalled the older version..
sudo apt-get install openplotter-i2c=2.2.1-stable

and everithing is at its place and working perfect again. No errors in anyplace and all sensors working.

Just to let you know
(2022-10-10, 05:10 PM)hrios Wrote: Hi

and everithing is at its place and working perfect again. No errors in anyplace and all sensors working.

Just to let you know
I do not understand, you can not install openplotter-i2c 2.x.x from bullseye Huh
You can not mix openplotter 3.x.x with openplotter 2.x.x apps
(2022-10-10, 05:23 PM)Sailoog Wrote:

Just to let you know
I do not understand, you can not install openplotter-i2c 2.x.x from bullseye Huh

Its working perfect, and also kept the sensors configuration (BMP388 and HTU21D)

Im also using SDR VHF v2.1.1-beta and working perfect for months already.

Attached Files Image(s)

(2022-10-10, 05:46 PM)hrios Wrote:

Just to let you know

Its working perfect, and also kept the sensors configuration (BMP388 and HTU21D)

Then that means that you have the sources for both openplotter versions and probably 2 Debian distributions. Please do not relay on that system, you will have unexpected errors just as you had with the I2C app.
(2022-10-10, 06:01 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-10-10, 05:46 PM)hrios Wrote:

Just to let you know

Then that means that you have the sources for both openplotter versions and probably 2 Debian distributions. Please do not relay on that system, you will have unexpected errors just as you had with the I2C app.
nope ...  1 debian distribution clean and openplotter 3 clean also