This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
openplotter-i2c 3.x.x released
Information 

We have ported all the sensor supported in OpenPlotter 2 to OpenPlotter 3 and added a few more.

Signal K server communication has been improved. UDP connections are no longer used, now sensors send data by websockets.

An important new feature has been added, now you can multiplex sensors using multiple TCA9548A modules. This means that your sensors can share addresses: https://learn.adafruit.com/working-with-...2c-devices

This is the list of supported sensors and the implementation status:

INA219 (bus voltage, shunt voltage, current, power)
Multiplexing: Implemented but not tested yet
INA260 (voltage, current, power)
Multiplexing: Implemented and tested
BH1750 (illuminance)
BME680/688 (pressure, temperature, humidity, gas)
BME280 (pressure, temperature, humidity)
BMP280 (pressure, temperature)
BMP3XX (pressure, temperature)
BMP085/180 (pressure, temperature)
Multiplexing: incompatible
HTU21D (temperature, humidity)
LPS3X (pressure, temperature)
MS5607-02BA03 (temperature, humidity)
Multiplexing: incompatible
ADS1115 (analog to digital conversion)
ADS1015 (analog to digital conversion)

Please test and report here as usual. I will update this post with your feedback. If you have any issue or something does not work as expected, follow these steps before reporting:

- Go to OpenPlotter-Settings-System log and click "Debugging mode"
- Go to Accessories-Terminal
- Type openplotter-i2c and press enter
- Add your sensors and copy here any error message in the terminal

Enjoy Smile
Sailoog question ina226 ( support at 20 amp.) Maybe is compatibel with ina260 for test? Because im.have ina226 for testing.
Thank you
If you have any issue or something does not work as expected, follow these steps before reporting:

(2022-10-08, 11:32 PM)Polonioli Wrote: Sailoog question ina226 ( support at 20 amp.) Maybe is compatibel with ina260 for test? Because im.have ina226 for testing.
Thank you

I do not think they are compatible but testing will not hurt.
(2022-10-09, 11:30 AM)Sailoog Wrote: If you have any issue or something does not work as expected, follow these steps before reporting:

this is it..

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ openplotter-i2c
Error: Could not open file `/dev/i2c-0' or `/dev/i2c/0': No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/openplotterI2c.py", line 313, in OnAddButton
    for i in self.i2c_sensors:
AttributeError: 'MyFrame' object has no attribute 'i2c_sensors'
(2022-10-09, 01:45 PM)hrios Wrote: pi@raspberrypi:~ $ openplotter-i2c
Error: Could not open file `/dev/i2c-0' or `/dev/i2c/0': No such file or directory
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openplotterI2c/openplotterI2c.py", line 313, in OnAddButton

Have you approved the signal k connection?

EDITED

I have been able to reproduce your error, you must approve the signal k connection before adding sensors. I will disable the "Add" button in those cases. thanks for reporting, please let me know if your BMP3XX sensor works and I will mark it as "tested".
BMP280 working perfectly here. Thanks Sailoog!
(2022-10-09, 02:14 PM)Sailoog Wrote:

EDITED

I have been able to reproduce your error, you must approve the signal k connection before adding sensors. I will disable the "Add" button in those cases. thanks for reporting, please let me know if your BMP3XX sensor works and I will mark it as "tested".

I would like to do it but the approve button in I2C settings is disabled and i dont have any request message to aprove or allow in signal K.

Also Openplotter I2C device is at the list of devices with admin permissions and device_id already. But no connection is created... and no new token to approve.

I tried uninstalling I2C and reinstalling but same situation.
(2022-10-09, 04:57 PM)hrios Wrote:
(2022-10-09, 02:14 PM)Sailoog Wrote:

EDITED

I would like to do it but the approve button in I2C settings is disabled and i dont have any request message to aprove or allow in signal K.

Also Openplotter I2C device is at the list of devices with admin permissions and device_id already. But no connection is created... and no new token to approve.

I tried uninstalling I2C and reinstalling but same situation.

Could you provide more details about your context? I can see that you are not using an openplotter image.

Raspberry OS version? 32bit 64 bit? openplotter settings version? what happenbs when you click "check system"?
(2022-10-09, 03:33 PM)TVR Wrote: BMP280 working perfectly here. Thanks Sailoog!

marked as tested, thanks for reporting!